Endurance Test 2012

We will be back next year with two more, Kami who is on maternity duties and Kato who has just turned 18 months if anyone wants to join us :laugh:

I will be there (hopefully :p) next year with my girl.

Just curious about the line up, do the judges decide on the day which order the dogs will run or is it done before hand and based on breed?

oh you will be TO or else I'm gunna kick ya butt :rofl:

the 2 ET's I have done, the dogs were put from largest to smallest ( breed), I would say it was done by the trial Sec.

But M can confirm that :laugh:

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious about the line up, do the judges decide on the day which order the dogs will run or is it done before hand and based on breed?

Club discretion really. When there are joggers and cyclists, the joggers are usually placed up the front of the line, or down the back, but always together.

Some clubs arrange the dogs by breed, or size. There is no rule. It can be done anyway.

Next ET is Canberra this coming weekend. Good luck to all entered.

Tollersowned, I know the people running this ET. If you want me to, I can enquire to see if they can accommodate a late entry for you.

just let me know.

M

Guest CaptainCourageous

I prefered the 2011 GSDCV ET where my Schipp Jess was between two GSDs (or at least I felt that made it easier for me).

I read somewhere that SS had contacted the GSDCV Sec and asked if the little dogs could be together this year. With Ziggy being such a very friendly dog I think he spent the 20 km wanting to play with his new friend the Min Pin just behind him!

CC

Yes the trial sec told me she was keeping all the small dogs together, we were at the end. At the Canberra ET last year small dogs were first.

l'm trying to track down details for the Sydney ET that is the next one we are planning on doing but only dogs NSW members can view the gazette online so where do interstate folk get the details ?

Club discretion really. When there are joggers and cyclists, the joggers are usually placed up the front of the line, or down the back, but always together.

Some clubs arrange the dogs by breed, or size. There is no rule. It can be done anyway.

Next ET is Canberra this coming weekend. Good luck to all entered.

Tollersowned, I know the people running this ET. If you want me to, I can enquire to see if they can accommodate a late entry for you.

just let me know.

M

Thanks for the offer but a trip to Canberra isn't viable at the moment unfortunately :(

Thanks for the info, I just curious as she may get a bit upset about a larger dog 'following' her around and if they do it by size we would be near the small dogs, but plenty of time to work on it :D

I have never done an ET before but I am very interested in doing this, if i am unable to with my current dog i will defiitely with my next dog :)

Can you compete in an endurance test with an unpapered dog?

I would love to train Kokoda and get his fitness up and to hopefully do this once he is 2 years old,

but i read somewhere that you have to have a pedigree papered dog?

Kokoda is a purebred but doesn't have papers..

Would someone be able to help me with this?

If it helps i am in QLD, but would tarvel to take him to an ET if interstate is the only place that allows him.

I have never done an ET before but I am very interested in doing this, if i am unable to with my current dog i will defiitely with my next dog :)

Can you compete in an endurance test with an unpapered dog?

I would love to train Kokoda and get his fitness up and to hopefully do this once he is 2 years old,

but i read somewhere that you have to have a pedigree papered dog?

Kokoda is a purebred but doesn't have papers..

Would someone be able to help me with this?

If it helps i am in QLD, but would tarvel to take him to an ET if interstate is the only place that allows him.

Hi denali,

your dog needs to be a minimum of two years old, and must be registered with DogsQLD. If your dog is not pedigreed, you can still register your dog as an "Associate" breed and then can compete in endurance and all canine disciplines except conformation dog shows.

In Brisbane, the closest club to you would be Ipswich. They hold a endurance test in July or August each year. Get in touch with the club and ask when it is on and if you can go along and watch. You will be allowed to for sure.

M

Hi denali,

your dog needs to be a minimum of two years old, and must be registered with DogsQLD. If your dog is not pedigreed, you can still register your dog as an "Associate" breed and then can compete in endurance and all canine disciplines except conformation dog shows.

In Brisbane, the closest club to you would be Ipswich. They hold a endurance test in July or August each year. Get in touch with the club and ask when it is on and if you can go along and watch. You will be allowed to for sure.

M

Thank you for such a quick reply :)

That is wonderful news.

I will look in to getting him registered .

We went down to the Canberra ET this weekend and our two passed with flying colours!! :D

Congrats! I saw some of the Canberra pics and went "ooooh, Aussies" and realised they were yours :) We wanted to do this year, but I was too slack in prep. Maybe next time.

Well the Canberra ET is over for another year. We had two entries this year and pleased to say they both passed.

Trigger (MinPin) will now be known as Dual Ch Kimico Spring Tension AFCh ET

Frankie (English Setter) as Indian Bend Moonlight Gambler ET

Very proud of both of these for doing such a great job.

Well the Canberra ET is over for another year. We had two entries this year and pleased to say they both passed.

Congratulations great job :thumbsup:

Yes the trial sec told me she was keeping all the small dogs together, we were at the end. At the Canberra ET last year small dogs were first.

l'm trying to track down details for the Sydney ET that is the next one we are planning on doing but only dogs NSW members can view the gazette online so where do interstate folk get the details ?

Its at the Dogs NSW complex, Erskine Park on 12 August and the vetting commences at 7am. Entry is $50.00 and closes on 13 July. Anything else you need to know?

Well done Yarrowfell!

Although invited to judge, I was unable to be there this year. Glad to hear the day was a success.

Well done to all who entered.

M

Hey M you & Ray should proud to judge the 1st official Papillon to get the Title of ET :thumbsup:

yes I received conformation from Dogs Vic this evening that our girl Mailka is the 1st Papllon in Australia :thumbsup:

Hey M you & Ray should proud to judge the 1st official Papillon to get the Title of ET :thumbsup:

yes I received conformation from Dogs Vic this evening that our girl Mailka is the 1st Papllon in Australia :thumbsup:

Wow! what an honour! Will the papillon club have a parade in our honour?

Or name an event after us?

Or induct us as honorary life members?

Or name the club rooms after us?

Oh what fun!! :rofl:

Seriously though, it was an honour to judge the ET, and YOU should be justifiably proud of the effort you put in to achieve this title.

M

Wow! what an honour! Will the papillon club have a parade in our honour?

Or name an event after us?

Or induct us as honorary life members?

Or name the club rooms after us?

Oh what fun!! :rofl:

Seriously though, it was an honour to judge the ET, and YOU should be justifiably proud of the effort you put in to achieve this title.

M

Oh we feel like we have won Tatts :laugh: we will be back next year with 3 more of our dogs :laugh:

your support & encouragement was absolutely great

thankyou M :D