Male & Female Whippets

This is the info I have posted on the DOL rescue pages and I'm happy to provide more information about them both. They have come into rescue seperately, but could go together if the necessary housing arrangements for Lucy can be met.

Lucy in particular is just gorgeous, she is an absolute delight to have around the house and I have fallen madly in love with her.

Ben is also a great dog. Both are very friendly and outgoing and nothing much bothers them.

We have a very special 4-5 year old female Whippet , who is seeking and understanding forever home. She has been wormed, vaccinated, desexed and comes with a clean bill of health. Little Lucy is a stunning girl, who is house trained, loves kids and gets on well with other dogs. Sadly Lucy is a fence jumper and would only be suitable for apartment living or a home with an internal court yard. Lucy isn't demanding and is happy to lay around on the lounge or under the computer desk. Her exercise requirements are fairly low and she is happy with short walks each day. Lucy jumps fences not to run away, but simply because she can. We would love Lucy to find a home where she will be happy and most of all safe. A home/yard check will be required and Lucy's adoption fee is $300 to cover her vet work
Ben is a mature pedigree male Whippet, with a great temperament, who is looking for a loving home. Ben gets on well with other dogs, however he is NOT suitable for a home with cats, chickens or other small animals. Ben likes to be in the house, he happily lays around on the lounge and he also enjoys going for long walks. I have been crate training Ben and it is going well. Ben is a very large Whippet at 20kgs, just to give you an indication of his size, he can therefore be part of a pack with larger dogs. Ben is desexed, vaccinated, wormed and microchipped and his adoption fee is $300

post-4363-0-38286800-1325585812_thumb.jpg

post-4363-0-02325500-1325585836_thumb.jpg

I can say that after spending a few days with Lucy over Xmas she is the most gorgeous girl

I agree and then some, she's a very special one.

Lucy also likes to have a chat, she bounces along beside me and when we get to the door or in the house, she likes to "woo-woo"

I'm so totally in love with her, she spends most of her time in my bed with me, not that she minds. She just needs a home in an apartment or walled court yard, she won't disappoint her new family as she's perfect in every other way.

How does Lucy get along with other dogs and cats?

Lucy is great with other dogs, she's in the house with my Whippets and Italian Greyhound and doesn't seem to care much abou Pav the Borzoi, she's met him off lead and basically just ignored him and went about her business.

She is untested with cats, as I do not have one. Lucy doesn't appear to have a lot of prey drive. I'm trying to find a cat to see if she shows any interest

How high would a fence have to be to keep her in?

We know she can easily clear 6 foot colourbond and she can also climb. She is really unsuitable for any place, other than an apartment or a home with an internal cour yard or brick walled court walled, such as an inner city terrace.

Does she also jump over see through fencing.

I have a dog that used to jump 6-7 ft paling fences but will not attempt to jump anything see through such as pool fencing and the rural type fencing with mesh.

Just a thought as without there being something solid to get a grip to help her pull herself up, she may very well be fine in a yard like an acreage area that has rural fencing. I think as long as it does not have a solid top rail, you will prob find she won't won't jump out.

Yes, she will jump chain link, she will also climb it.

She was surrendered to me from a home on acres.

Lucy has also escaped from the pound over their chain link and barbed wire.

She has been impounded numerous times, with several owners, so she MUST have a walled court yard or an apartment home

Edited by Pav Lova