2012 Brags Thread

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weeeeei! First one for the year!

We had a great night tonight at Australia's first Rally-O trial!

Jedi 96/100 and 5th place in his ring.

Ahsoka 95/100 and 4th place in her ring.

Revan 83/100 (even though I hadn't trained him in half the behaviours in his course! What a champ!)

3 for 3!! :thumbsup:

Wooo go TerraNik :)

We had our first Agility Trial of the year :) Den came away with his first Masters Agility Q which is also my first Masters Agility Q!! I was stoked well worth getting home at 230am hehehe. Ella had a great as well I let her loose on a few practice jumps and she was a star so thats signs of good things to hopefully come later on :)
Den had good stuff pretty much all day it was just his poor handler LOL Edited by smisch

Shandy and I were part of the group that went up from Canberra to Sydney for Rally-O and all the Canberra group got passes. Shandy and I managed a respectable 85 for our first Rally-O pass, mostly due to her usual problem, handler error!

We have 2 ribbon trials for Rally-O this month in Canberra, and we're really enjoying this. It was lovely to watch some of the highly titled dogs work in the 4th ring. I didn't see either of the 100 scoring dogs, but it was beautiful work.

Great runs, smisch!!!

Shandy and I were part of the group that went up from Canberra to Sydney for Rally-O and all the Canberra group got passes. Shandy and I managed a respectable 85 for our first Rally-O pass, mostly due to her usual problem, handler error!

We have 2 ribbon trials for Rally-O this month in Canberra, and we're really enjoying this. It was lovely to watch some of the highly titled dogs work in the 4th ring. I didn't see either of the 100 scoring dogs, but it was beautiful work.

Congrats on your Rally-O pass! Can yiou please tell us more about the separate rings they had set up? Everyone was doing Novice, right? So did they split the rings based on titles in other disciplines and did each ring have a different course set up? I find that a bit odd if everyone was doing Novice, I would have thought it would have had to be the same for everyone for fairness?

Congrats on your Rally-O pass! Can you please tell us more about the separate rings they had set up? Everyone was doing Novice, right? So did they split the rings based on titles in other disciplines and did each ring have a different course set up? I find that a bit odd if everyone was doing Novice, I would have thought it would have had to be the same for everyone for fairness?

Because there were 200 dogs entered, they had to split them up somehow, even though we were all doing Novice. So ring one was dogs without titles, ring two had dogs with CCD and/or only titles in other sports (agility etc), Ring three (where we were) had dogs with CD titles and Ring four had dogs with CDX and above. It was a useful way of splitting people up, and the judges understanding what competitors needed in the ring (Vicki in ring one spent a lot of time explaining where new comers had made mistakes.)

It was great to watch some of the competitors in Ring four - there were two dogs with perfect 100 scores in that ring, and a number of 99 scores, split only by time.

Well, not my club, so I can't guarantee it (though I checked the schedule, and that looks right) but three of the Canberra triallers who came up from my club are now Rally-O judges as well, and were looking at how thing were structured in preparation for our trials this month!