2012 Brags Thread

Yay for Ruby .. beautiful girl ..and for you RA...hope you're feeling better now.

And super well done to you and Jovi, TO.

Agility for us today to..and tomorrow. Good day..only 1 DQ out of 8 runs and 1st place Q in Masters and Open agility. 3 seconds overbut course clear on a Masters Jumping. Loving the way my little feral girl is running

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And another little brag for the senior citizens :rofl: - 8 runs, 2 DQs - my fault - 3 Qs - Masters Agility and Jumping and Open Jumping. Good little girlie. I'm so happy that she's loving her runs still, working really nicely, and has pulled up completely fine this morning. Oh - and she only had to nip me once for bad handling :rofl: -I must be improving.

• 2 weeks later...

HUGE entry In Rally Obedience at Friends of Obedience (FOO) Rally O. Trial last night at KCC Park in Victoria

I was proud of my Poodle girls.

Dual CH. (O.CH.) GiDay Violet Crumble RE ADX JDX ET

Rally Excellent B. Class 100 Points 1st Place Judge Kim Houlden Rally

Rally Advanced B. Class 100 Points 1st Place Judge David Hutson

AND

BEST IN TRIAL

Dual CH. (o.CH.) Cosalta G'Day Roxy RE JDX AD ET

Rally Advanced B. Class 99 Points 2nd Place Judge David Hutson

Rally Excellent B. Class 97 Points Judge Kim Houlden

They used a similar formula to the one used in Agility to calculate Best In Trial

Take the perfect scores of 100, from all classes & consider the number of obstacles/stations performed by the total course time??

Math being my weak point I have no idea how exactly it was calculated, but I do know ethat Violet did 18 stations in 1.47 seconds with a score of 100

HUGE entry In Rally Obedience at Friends of Obedience (FOO) Rally O. Trial last night at KCC Park in Victoria

I was proud of my Poodle girls.

Dual CH. (O.CH.) GiDay Violet Crumble RE ADX JDX ET

Rally Excellent B. Class 100 Points 1st Place Judge Kim Houlden Rally

Rally Advanced B. Class 100 Points 1st Place Judge David Hutson

AND

BEST IN TRIAL

Dual CH. (o.CH.) Cosalta G'Day Roxy RE JDX AD ET

Rally Advanced B. Class 99 Points 2nd Place Judge David Hutson

Rally Excellent B. Class 97 Points Judge Kim Houlden

They used a similar formula to the one used in Agility to calculate Best In Trial

Take the perfect scores of 100, from all classes & consider the number of obstacles/stations performed by the total course time??

Math being my weak point I have no idea how exactly it was calculated, but I do know ethat Violet did 18 stations in 1.47 seconds with a score of 100

Awesome job! I missed your runs as I was doing the check in. I would have loved to have seen it. :cheer:

It was a massive night. It was after 10pm when I left. A huge number of entries (202 I think) and a week night!

I've missed so many brags :eek: S&W, CC, TO, RS , Tassie and I'm sure to have missed some but congratulations :thumbsup:

Last agility trial for the year today - it was horribly muggy and the mere 27C felt 10C hotter. I was feeling exhausted from work/PhD/usual back pain/trip planning so Zig and Em did a stirling job of handling me throughout the day :D Zig picked up 2 ADM passes and 1 JDM pass whilst Em picked up a nice 3rd place, Q in JDX.

However, the absolute highlight of my day was a sudden enlightenment about Em...she has consistently being blowing her weaves and, on occasion, shows signs of stress in trials such as sniffing and getting distracted. I have been trying to nut this out for ages as it contradicts her keenness to get in the ring and I'm very conscious about making trialling FUN - I never repeat missed obstacles or drop my shoulders. I assumed it was the distractions outside the ring and tried to run with her more for support as this works really well for Zig when he's tired. Today I decided to try something different. Half way through her AD run was the table followed by the weaves. I left her on the table, ran all the way beyond the weaves to the tunnel and released her. She bloody nailed them and fast!!! So the problem is ME. All this time I've been trying to help her I've been crowding and hindering her :hitself: It makes so much sense as she's so used to working 50-100m from me in retrieving with whistle stops and handling. And, for such a young dog, she excels at lead outs! So my goal for the New Year is to dial up the distance, no more babysitting and just RUN!

Sorry for the long post - just had to write that down. TO should have some brags too.....her Jovi thought my pup was pretty fun :thumbsup:

Great job yesterday TSD! Your pup is gorgeous, can't believe how soft he was :laugh: It was kinda strange, Jovi liking him so much, she can be so picky about who she likes and takes forever to warm up to dogs so I was a bit confused about her playful reaction too him :confused:

Good idea about running ahead for the weaves, might try that instead :p

Had a great day yesterday, Jovi got her 3rd pass in novice agility for her title! Plus she got 2 more excellent jumping passes, nearly had a third (and her title) but was one second over time! My fault as I didn't run it the way I wanted and being in the wrong places at the wrong time, though sorta glad as we aren't really ready for masters! This was only our third excellent trial so was going through it too quick :laugh:

Had our first crack at open agility as well. Should not attempt to do something new and challenging on the last run of a hot day :p so even though we had an hour break before that run she was very much over it when out in the sun. So will have to wait till it's in the morning and she is ready and raring to go!

Going to work alot more on drive over summer and hopefully a few more trials next year before her first litter :D

Edited by tollersowned

Congrats TSD and TO. Sounds like you both did really well in spite of the conditions. Loved that lightbulb moment with Em TSD.

Our last agility trial for the year on . Only one Q (ADO) for Kirra, but again some near misses and done feel good runs. Contacts were all good, but weavers apparently only have 10 poles atm :-). But hey at her age, enjoying 8 runs and pulling up fine is all I can ask :-)

ET fix typos

Edited by Tassie

Last night I braved the DWD ring for the second time with the occasionally clever one - I thought 3 minute sit stays were bad - but 1min 30 trying to pretend that I knew what I was doing - seemed like a lifetime rofl1.gif

Scoota ignored the fact that I wore a blonde wig and did a good job winning the ring for his HWM S title.dancingelephant.gif

Hard to believe I did ballroom dancing in a past life jawdrop.gif