Litters Due In March 2012

Bilbo Baggins

Stolzseinrotts, SINCERE apologies I should have congratulated you earlier on your litter. :thumbsup:

Technically we shouldn't be in this thread :D Our litter was due 02 Mar but Bree whelped 29 Feb. I checked with BB and she had no objection to us continuing to post in this thread. :)

Did you due date include counting the 29th? Just thinking I wouldn't have, as i use one of those whelping charts!

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

buddy1 congratulations on your pending litter!

Re; the velcro ID bands, I won't use them, they are very stiff. I do know of somebody who did use them on their newborn litter and unbeknown to them the band did wear into the puppy's skin, so because of that and the concerns I have about the stiffness I haven't used mine (have sourced two different suppliers, one is softer than the other but still has the stiffness :confused: ). I think that constant washing them should soften them, but am yet to see that. I use ribbon for my pups and then into matching coloured collars when they get a bit bigger.

I do think the velcro idea is great and hope that somebody may come up with a soft type velcro collar. :thumbsup:

That was my litter. The bitch still has a bald spot on her chest about 1/2 inch square.

I need to source some ribbons I think, for my next litter.

That was my litter. The bitch still has a bald spot on her chest about 1/2 inch square.

I need to source some ribbons I think, for my next litter.

That is not good. Looks like I just wasted some money - annoying!!!! I should have asked here before I brought them.

I used coloured binding. As Ribbon is satin the knot can slip. As binding is cotton this does not happen. Ric Rac is also good, but I found it harder to get a good range of colours.

depends on the size of pup, if they are big enough i find cat collars are good and nice and soft for pups, but mine need to be a few weeks old before they will fit!

Good point about the ribbon, i'd never have thought about it slipping once knotted.

becks I tried the cat collars also my puppies once they became more interactive ( ok wild :)) I kept finding the puppies would pull them off each

other and after one went missing never to be found :eek: stopped using them as well. These days I use bias binding and that comes in so many collars and

is cotton so it knots easy and stays on.

A late but big edition to the March litters!'

Last night our Blondie have birth to 11 puppies. The xray said 8 so it was a bit unexpected although she was huge. 2 were born still looking waxen but fully formed and not tiny so must have only died recently. To be honest with 9 little mouths to feed and her first litter its not a such a bad thing. That's a lot of babies for a beagle with the average being 4-7. They are only small but very strong and have put on 15-20 each in their first 12-16 hours.

5 Lemons - 4 girls and 1 boy - we wanted a lemon bitch so very happy with that.

4 tris - 2 girls and 2 boys

post-1582-0-53501200-1331564690_thumb.jpg

CC with her 7 day old babies. Mum and pups all doing well!

post-8142-0-51442400-1331343030_thumb.jpg

So cute :love:

A late but big edition to the March litters!'

Last night our Blondie have birth to 11 puppies. The xray said 8 so it was a bit unexpected although she was huge. 2 were born still looking waxen but fully formed and not tiny so must have only died recently. To be honest with 9 little mouths to feed and her first litter its not a such a bad thing. That's a lot of babies for a beagle with the average being 4-7. They are only small but very strong and have put on 15-20 each in their first 12-16 hours.

5 Lemons - 4 girls and 1 boy - we wanted a lemon bitch so very happy with that.

4 tris - 2 girls and 2 boys

post-1582-0-53501200-1331564690_thumb.jpg

Congratulations :dancingelephant:

I always though xrays were accurate - so these extra babies must have been a big surprise.

At out ultrasound the vet could see 8 puppies. We are expecting more than this as my girl was very tense so he did not spend too long looking around. We are starting to wonder how many more as our girl is HUGE and she still has 1 weeks to go. :eek: