Vets All Natural - Perfect Puppy Nutrition

Hi Lavendergirl,

The issue he has with chicken is the way in which it is farmed. High stress environment, un natural diet, low calcium levels are some of the issues. Free range, organic chicken is a great diet.

Turkey, I imagine would be raised in a more natural environment but is probably fed a similar highly processed diet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have to say that VAN has been a godsend for us. We recently picked up a 5 month old puppy who refused to eat (even though we gave her EXACTLY what the breeder recommended). In desperation I started trying little bits of everything I could find (different raw minces, chicken necks, cooked chicken thigh...you name, I tried it) and the only thing she would consider is the VAN ready made stuff (interestingly though, she will only eat the Allerblend). Although we had to hand feed her initially, she is now eating just fine which is a huge relief.

I know this is starting to sound like an advertorial but I'm just happy that fussy puppy is actually eating. It's been a long time since we've had a baby in the house and we didn't relish having to tell her breeder she was on a hunger strike :o

edited for horrible spelling....

Edited by Beanzy

I just have to say that VAN has been a godsend for us. We recently picked up a 5 month old puppy who refused to eat (even though we gave her EXACTLY what the breeder recommended). In desperation I started trying little bits of everything I could find (different raw minces, chicken necks, cooked chicken thigh...you name, I tried it) and the only thing she would consider is the VAN ready made stuff (interestingly though, she will only eat the Allerblend). Although we had to hand feed her initially, she is now eating just fine which is a huge relief.

I know this is starting to sound like an advertorial but I'm just happy that fussy puppy is actually eating. It's been a long time since we've had a baby in the house and we didn't relish having to tell her breeder she was on a hunger strike :o

edited for horrible spelling....

Glad to hear she is eating, maybe she likes the extra herbs in the Allerblend!

is it correct that you feed puppies twice as much as you would an adult dog?

I have an 8 month staffordshire bull terrier who is around 13kg

after they turn one do i just cut her food down?

Hi skully, yep once they reach maturity their kilojoule requirements decrease unless, of course, they were in training for the Iditarod sled race!

Keep an eye on your girls waistline and adjust accordingly when she reaches adulthood.

Ok - stupid question but my brain is overloaded tonight!

I have just emptied a 1kg bag into a bowl to soak.

Based on my dog's weight he gets 200gm mix/ 200ml water and 600gm of meat per meal.

So....How much does 200gm of dry weigh after it is soaked?

Thanks but I get that I add 200ml water to 200gm but I was wondering if anyone knew what 200gm weighed wet.

The mix is way too big to be trying to manouevre it between bowls to divide into 5 and way.

Was hoping someone had done the maths before and save me some time I did not have.

I'll do 200gm seperately next time so I have the measure for the future.

200 ml of water weighs 200 grams.

So, 200 g of VAN + 200 ml of water = 400 g.

Thanks but I get that I add 200ml water to 200gm but I was wondering if anyone knew what 200gm weighed wet.

The mix is way too big to be trying to manouevre it between bowls to divide into 5 and way.

Was hoping someone had done the maths before and save me some time I did not have.

I'll do 200gm seperately next time so I have the measure for the future.

• 1 month later...

Pebbles (9 month english stafford) has a rash on her belly and underarms that comes and goes, but gets worse after we mow the lawn. She pulls herself around on her belly to scratch it at times, but i've noticed that she's scratching it a bit more now. def not fleas

would i be better trying her on the sensitive skin mix (even though i recently bought a 5kg bag of the normal stuff...damn)

Pebbles (9 month english stafford) has a rash on her belly and underarms that comes and goes, but gets worse after we mow the lawn. She pulls herself around on her belly to scratch it at times, but i've noticed that she's scratching it a bit more now. def not fleas

would i be better trying her on the sensitive skin mix (even though i recently bought a 5kg bag of the normal stuff...damn)

I would finish what you have first... But thats just me. Rash on tummy i think is a contact allergy

Based on my dog's weight he gets 200gm mix/ 200ml water and 600gm of meat per meal.

200g dry + 200ml water = 400g (+600g meat = 1kg of prepared mix per meal). So based on that, if you soak 1kg of dry with 1L water then add 3kg of meat you will get a total of 5kg pre made mix, or 5 meals for your dog. smile.gif

I make it up in this ratio for my pup then freeze in smaller containers for the week. Though I have found that she only needs about half of the recommended amount for her weight. :shrug:

200g dry + 200ml water = 400g (+600g meat = 1kg of prepared mix per meal). So based on that, if you soak 1kg of dry with 1L water then add 3kg of meat you will get a total of 5kg pre made mix, or 5 meals for your dog. smile.gif

I make it up in this ratio for my pup then freeze in smaller containers for the week. Though I have found that she only needs about half of the recommended amount for her weight. :shrug:

Yes my 2 eat much less than the recommended amt on the bag

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have used the VAN herbal shampoo and found this once with my Lab but I hadn't rinsed him properly due to being interrupted by an emergency. Next time he was thoroughly rinsed and all was good no flaking.