Vets All Natural - Perfect Puppy Nutrition

I don't see it as special rights really - more like an information thread, and they do pay for advertising. There are heaps of people - behaviourists for instance - who get regular referrals through here who don't pay to advertise.

I don 't feed VAN by the way but am still interested in the information provided :)

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't feed VAN's either, (used to) but I think it's great that we can come online & ask any questions we have of Dr Bruce, & that he is prepared to put the time & effort into answering them. :thumbsup: I would like to see the same with major drug companies too, like Bayer, for instance.

Can someone give me a list of places that sell VAN in Adelaide/ Adelaide Hills area? I would like to try this type of diet when I get my puppy. I've heard that Bulldogs don't do well on red meat though, does Roo come under this banner or does it react differently? Thanks,

Some dogs tolerate roo really well (my Whippets) some do not tolerate it at all and it goes through them like a dose of salts (my now deceased Dobe) You can use other raw meats so choose what your dog does best on. I use roo as I can get it from a local person and know it is eating grass one night and in my freezer the next day. There are no preservatives and my dogs and cats tolerate it really well.

Roo is very lean which is why I think my dogs do okay on it as tone on particular does not tolerate fat well and cannot eat Chicken, Turkey or emu

Can someone give me a list of places that sell VAN in Adelaide/ Adelaide Hills area? I would like to try this type of diet when I get my puppy. I've heard that Bulldogs don't do well on red meat though, does Roo come under this banner or does it react differently? Thanks,

Have a look on their website, they have list of retailers.

http://www.vetsallnatural.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=102&Itemid=59

I have bulldogs and they get red meat with no issues. I find that if anything causes sensitivity or upsets its preservatives so they are now fed a preservative free diet and no dry at all, only wet food :)

I have bulldogs and they get red meat with no issues. I find that if anything causes sensitivity or upsets its preservatives so they are now fed a preservative free diet and no dry at all, only wet food :)

thanks Remarkabull that's good to know, i'm hoping to keep mine of anything processed so hopefully will be ok.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have a question ...

We currently feed home made raw based on our interpretation of the BARF diet and am looking at a supplement of some kind to add in just to make sure that we are not missing any of the nutrients that they require, particularly as they don't get much offal.

I had a look on the VAN website and it looks like the Health Booster product may fit this application? Just wanted to check I have that right...

Do you think it is a good idea to be supplementing if you are doing home made raw, to cover any inadequacies we may be creating? The dogs are doing very well so far, and I have no concerns with their condition etc, just worried about long term issues I guess.

The other question is, is it palatable? While my boy will eat pretty much anything, Juno is quite picky... one of the main things that convinced me moving to raw was a good idea was that she is actually eating all her dinner now, instead of leaving half like she was on the premium kibble we were feeding.

is anyone from VAN still on the forum?

Contact them directly for best response, they have a very busy business a probably don't get to DOL as much as us.

The Health Booster is an excellent addition to any homemade diet and my dogs have all found it very palatable if that helps, but I don't have fussy dogs :)

Hi Lasarenia,

Sorry for delay.

Yes, the Health Booster is like a multi vitamin that we would take. None of the ingredients are synthetic, all whole natural sources.

People feeding the Complete Mix dont need to use the Health Booster, unless they had a lactating bitch who they wanted to boost up, as it is already added into it.

Health Booster is great for people making up their own diets at home