Vets All Natural - Perfect Puppy Nutrition

Thanks for the reply, i only mix one day at a time anyway to leave in pantry.

After looking around at roo meat i think its all roughly around the same price, but will keep trying to find a cheaper place, i looked at the pinned topic, none anywhere near me. :(

The loyalty package would certainly sway me, it did when i changed from Optimum to Advance , with multiple dogs people get through the food much faster so need an incentive.

Is your dog sensitive to other meats juice?

I have had excellent results without using Roo, and I have found that the quantity each dog needed has needed to be reduced as once they were established on the regime they started to look like they had been in the good paddock too long LOL

Certainly this is my experience but others I know using VAN have found the same with the amounts needed.

I like to feed variation in meats and bones, and have found that now the 2 problem animals are sorted with their issues I can mix it up a bit and have no reaction and I can use cheaper meat sources. Again this is my own experience, the journey to getting it right is very different for each case.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am persoanlly am not a fan of red meat, bullies seem to react to it.

She does get chicken necks in the mix too.

Perhaps i should consider chicken mince, i will look tommorrow when i go to petstock.

For now my other 2 will stay on Advance, my dally really is better on dried food anyway due to him getting stones, so wouldn't change him anyway.My cattle does well on anything, like a little tub :laugh:

I am persoanlly am not a fan of red meat, bullies seem to react to it.

She does get chicken necks in the mix too.

Perhaps i should consider chicken mince, i will look tommorrow when i go to petstock.

For now my other 2 will stay on Advance, my dally really is better on dried food anyway due to him getting stones, so wouldn't change him anyway.My cattle does well on anything, like a little tub :laugh:

Perhaps look at chicken mince, roo mince and see if they have any turkey products. Mine loooooooove their turkey necks and it appears that no one likes turkey mince in my area, although woolies always stocks it an reduces it before it goes off so I buy it then cheap for the dogs!

And if you find one dog does well on it do save up for the 15kg tub/refill. I am guessing thats why you are finding it more expensive. I put away money for it each month so buying the large amount isn't so big a strain.

Guest english.ivy

Thanks for the feedback Juice, I have looked on the website and we do give more detailed instructions on the packet. Something for us to look at.

When you make up the Complete Mix, after it has soaked, just pop it in the fridge with the meat. It will last longer that way.

The Premium Choice was designed with smaller dogs in mind and for people who needed to buy a short supply quickly. The Complete Mix is available so people can source/select their own meat. Buying in bulk can reduce cost.

The name Complete Mix was chosen as it represented for people worried about a balanced diet, a way of making their raw meat a complete diet. By also labeling it as a complete diet it could encourage people to think about the benefits of an all natural, unprocessed, non heat treated diet.

Loyalty plans and other similar offers are in the pipeline :)

Think I'll stick to cooking and mushing my own veges. Sounds far too complicated for me. You soak the food, then you don't, then you soak the food ...

Thanks for the feedback Juice, I have looked on the website and we do give more detailed instructions on the packet. Something for us to look at.

When you make up the Complete Mix, after it has soaked, just pop it in the fridge with the meat. It will last longer that way.

The Premium Choice was designed with smaller dogs in mind and for people who needed to buy a short supply quickly. The Complete Mix is available so people can source/select their own meat. Buying in bulk can reduce cost.

The name Complete Mix was chosen as it represented for people worried about a balanced diet, a way of making their raw meat a complete diet. By also labeling it as a complete diet it could encourage people to think about the benefits of an all natural, unprocessed, non heat treated diet.

Think I'll stick to cooking and mushing my own veges. Sounds far too complicated for me. You soak the food, then you don't, then you soak the food ...

LOL

You soak one type of food only, you soak it once, quite simple really, my 9yo grandson can do it.

The other variety which is prepared for convenience really you don't. Different products.

As for complicated, far from it :shrug:

You comprehension skills need tweaking I think.

Your intentions are very obvious EI. You are a BH fan, I think everyone gets that :laugh:

You soak the complete mix. You don't soak the premium mix. Quite easy really- I have never made a mistake adding water in the past 7 years :shrug:

That's funny. I 've used Van from time to time, and never found it complicated.

I was thinking of trying Black Hawk, but the attitude of the BH advocates and suppliers in this thread has been so puerile it's quite put me off the idea. I figure if they need to make snide comments about another food they must be a wee bit insecure about the quality of their own stuff. Such an old cynic I am. :laugh: :laugh:

I have just ordered the VAN weightloss for my SBT who seems to put weight on very easily. I have been feeding mainly raw but am concerned with the amount that I am feeding her. I have cut down on the amounts so much I worry about the nutrition that she is getting. She only has to walk past the fridge and she puts weight on!!

I am going to try human grade roo, hopefully it doesn't smell as much. Our pet meat store here doesn't appear to be that hygienic. :(

Really looking forward to giving it a go. :thumbsup:

Am enjoying reading this thread, sad though that some feel the need to derail it. I am sure that constructive criticism is welcome but no need for just plain nastiness.

Edit: As for the price, I am going to alternate between a raw meaty bone and VAN. We don't have it local as we are in country WA so I have to order it online. I have only ordered 1kg to see how she goes but then will buy in bulk if it goes alright.

Edited by korbin13

It is quite obvious that the ready to go food doesn't require soaking.

I enjoy making up foods like this. It is fun. But I also loved feeding my horses, something about making up mashes..... The horses never needed a warm dinner but it made me feel good.

I loath cooking for people though :rofl:

Guest english.ivy

You are a BH fan, I think everyone gets that :laugh:

You win, I give up.

I'm not a BH fan, my dogs and my pocket are the fans.

I was actually curious about feeding it, I have mental issues and find things confusing. Sorry I'm such a slow learner.

Edited by english.ivy

I pulped my own veg etc, and when i bought everything to make my veg slop it works out very expensive, way more than the Complete Mix. It really isnt hard at all to use VAN even a mumbling fool could do it, you add 1 cup complete mix to one cup of water, not exactly rocket science. No one is trying to convince you to use VAN anyway.

Edited by Mason_Gibbs

Guest english.ivy

I pulped my own veg etc, and when i bought everything to make my veg slop it works out very expensive, way more than the Complete Mix. It really isnt hard at all to use VAN even a mumbling fool could do it, you add 1 cup complete mix to one cup of water, not exactly rocket science. No one is trying to convince you to use VAN anyway.

Said I give up. Give it a rest, please.

I don't wish for this to turn into a VAN vs Black Hawk attacking match. We have our product that we 100% stand behind and you have yours. Please, we don't come looking for an argument in the Black Hawk thread so we would appreciate the same.

Thankyou English Ivy.

I think I requested for genuine questions only a few pages back!

Back to normal programming :)

Thanks to everyone for your feedback and sharing your experiences.

Edited by Vets All Natural

Normal programming question - what is the absolute minimum time you can soak the complete mix for. On days when I feed it I normally place it in there bowls up on the bench prior to heading out for a walk and then feed it shortly after arriving home again. We are normally only out for a 15-20 min quick walk around a few blocks in the morning. I tend to soak it in warmish water but not sure if I should really be soaking it any longer.

And if there is anybody in Adelaide who feeds it - where do you buy your bigger bags from. I found the 1kg bag at Petstock but they never seem to have any of the larger bags in stock.

Edited by ness

To save confusion ...

Complete_Mix_for_4cd77ae1c4ff8_180x180.jpg

This is the Complete Mix which you soak then add to your choice of protein

Premium_Choice_4c732270b8cf0_180x180.png

This is the premium choice which is a ready to go already made up product with the Complete Mix + meat :D

Sometimes it's just easier to see packets then have things explained especially if you don't know the product :)

If your in a rush you can soak it in warm water for 30 minutes. However for maximum nutrient release soaking at room temperature for around 12 hours in summer and around 24 hours in winter is advised. We want most of the fermentation to take place outside of the dog, not inside because fermentation releases gases. Dog flatulence is never nice!

I see plenty of references to feeding roo with this, my girl won't eat it, is it ok to substitute lamb? That's what I feed now, raw wise.

There are a couple of suppliers near me so I think I will give it a go, when my current lot of dry runs out.

It seems fairly simple, once I managed to find the feeding guide (.pdf http://www.vetsallnatural.com.au/CMsheet.pdf) Mix the complete mix with equal parts of water,soak, then add meat.

My girl couldn't eat raw anything when she was a puppy but as she had got older (she's 15 months now) her tummy seems to have toughened up :laugh:

I see plenty of references to feeding roo with this, my girl won't eat it, is it ok to substitute lamb? That's what I feed now, raw wise.

There are a couple of suppliers near me so I think I will give it a go, when my current lot of dry runs out.

It seems fairly simple, once I managed to find the feeding guide (.pdf http://www.vetsallnatural.com.au/CMsheet.pdf) Mix the complete mix with equal parts of water,soak, then add meat.

My girl couldn't eat raw anything when she was a puppy but as she had got older (she's 15 months now) her tummy seems to have toughened up :laugh:

Bruce just really likes Roo because it is low in fat, grazes on a varied diet, is killed with minimal stress and could be a likely source of prey for wild dogs. Lamb is good, as it is raised on pasture and for dogs who might need help keeping weight on it has a higher fat content. Animals which are fed an artificial diet he is not a fan of (not surprisingly...that's what VAN is all about, keeping animals on a close to as possible natural diet) Grain fed beef, intensively farmed chicken and also pork are fed on unnatural diet themselves. They also lead stress filled lives.

Lamb is a good option.

So now i should look at lamb rather than chicken?

Can you buy lamb mince for dogs? i havn't seen it?

My bully started to look pink yesterday, today she is really pink on her head, her eyes are gunky and she seems off colour, no idea if its the roo, but as i have only one portion left i might chuck it and just give her necks with the van tonight and look at a different raw meat.

could be nothing to do with the food, but normally first place it shows on her.