Vets All Natural - Perfect Puppy Nutrition

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance we will get them in the NT? I would love to give them a try on my dogs.

I asked this yesterday - they are available to go to the NT but as yet no wholesalers have placed an order to go direct to the NT. We suspect wholesalers will most likely pull stock out of QLD if orders are placed. If you would like to try the rolls please ask your local supplier to enquire about an order.

Sorry, I missed your question.

Yes, keep the ratio's the same and increase like you worked out. The ratio of mix to meat changes when your dog matures. What breed do you have?

Thanks for the advice.

He's a Black Russian Terrier. 4.5 months old. Now at 26kg

Edited by clash

• 1 month later...

Thanks for that large breed advice. I'm really happy with this food and we're going to stick with it for a while.

The feeding chart runs out at 30kg puppies, where do I go from there...

Do I double the smaller figures for larger puppies like this:

32-40kg: 400g mix, 400 ml water, 1200g meat

42-50kg: 500g mix, 500 ml water, 1500g meat

52-60kg: 550g mix, 550 ml water, 1700g meat

Is that right?

Sorry, I missed your question.

Yes, keep the ratio's the same and increase like you worked out. The ratio of mix to meat changes when your dog matures. What breed do you have?

Hoping for another response from someone at Vet's all Natural. Puppy is now 6 months old and 34kg, 50-60% of his final adult weight.

I'm think the advice you gave me is not quite right. The vet has said that my puppy is now slightly overweight and I need to watch this.

When I compare other large breed puppy dog food feeding schedules, the amount fed goes down as the puppy gets older (even as they become heavier):

For comparison look at: http://www.eukanuba.com.au/en-UK/product/puppy-large-breed.jspx and click "Feeding Guidelines" on the right

Following your advice, he should be eating more and more food. Following other brands advice, he should be eating less progressively.

The recommended quantity of Vets all natural and meat for adults is dramatically lower than the puppy schedule. However he still has much growing to do.

Should I cease increasing his food intake as his body weight increases? Could I have some clarification.

Edited by clash

Different dogs need different amounts and some burn more calories than others. I have never fed any commercial food in the quantities written on the pack - they'd be porkers. Given you have a merge breed, I'd just cut back the amount fed as you don't Wang him growing too quickly.

Hi Clash,

Yes, megan is right. The feeding guidelines are for an average dog. The best guide is always your dogs waistline, so if he is becoming a bit fat then reduce the feeds a little, until he gets to the size you want. As he is a growing puppy just gradually reduce the amount until he gets to the desired body mass then slowly increase it again as he reaches maturity.

I used Kangaroo when both mine were puppies, right through to adulthood, they love it & have had no issues. Its low fat/high protein. I also feed premium dry food ,chic frames & meaty raw bones as well on occassion.

I too fell into the trap of feeding as per the suggested guide lines on the packet. As they are just guide lines you need to monitor your dog closely, feel him, if you can't feel ribs, cut him back a little :)

Edited by BC Crazy

Guest Labradork

Is the new Vets All Natural roll raw or cooked?

I know Dr Bruce promotes raw, but how would raw meat stay in a roll shape? Wouldn't it lose its shape as soon as you opened the packet? I'm thinking of buying some and keeping it in the freezer, in case I ever run out of dry food.

Edited by Labradork

Hi Labradork,

The rolls are pastuerised, so not 100% raw, but not completely cooked either. The Raw76 is still our number 1 recommendation (or Complete Mix made up at home) just with so much feedback that handling bloody meat was a deterrent for people to feed raw, we saw an opportunity to provide a hydrated product which didn't handle like raw meat.

With so many dogs still being fed tin food and cheap rolls we are also trying to target the average supermarket buyer with a better quality option.

Is kangaroo meat good for puppies? I heard it was too low in fat for puppies, is this right?

It is generally too low in fat for puppies. I would definitely not feed it as a primary protein source, or even a secondary protein source.

Is kangaroo meat good for puppies? I heard it was too low in fat for puppies, is this right?

It is generally too low in fat for puppies. I would definitely not feed it as a primary protein source, or even a secondary protein source.

Oh, hope I didn't do the wrong thing feeding my 2 then roo then . Although they did have a very varied diet & still do. it certainly wasn't there

only source of protein, not their 2nd or 3rd. They also have chic, fish & beef. I did give some Lamb too when they were little which is more fatty.

They are perfectly healthy according to my Vet :)

Guest donatella

Oh, hope I didn't do the wrong thing feeding my 2 then roo then . Although they did have a very varied diet & still do. it certainly wasn't there

only source of protein, not their 2nd or 3rd. They also have chic, fish & beef. I did give some Lamb too when they were little which is more fatty.

My puppy gets roo meat every day. I'm about to trial my girls onto VAN when I can feed them both the adult variety and the same thing each day and the meat source will be Roo.

Quick question for those who use the skin and coat supp. Is it more cost efficient to purchase the sensitive skin mix or better to buy the regular complete mix and add the skin and coat supp to that?

Have you found the sensitive skin mix or supp to make a difference to your dog?

My younger dog has been on the puppy complete mix for close to a year and does well on it. I've recently switched my older dog who suffers from some minor allergies and skin issues - mainly ears and feet - to VAN complete mix also. He seems to be doing okay on it but wondering if the sensitive skin mix would be a better option for him??

They both get pro-biotics added now. Would probably stop giving that if I switch formulas due to the added Protexin..

My puppy gets roo meat every day. I'm about to trial my girls onto VAN when I can feed them both the adult variety and the same thing each day and the meat source will be Roo.

I'm a fan of Roo as well Donatella :thumbsup:

Guest Labradork

Hi Labradork,

The rolls are pastuerised, so not 100% raw, but not completely cooked either. The Raw76 is still our number 1 recommendation (or Complete Mix made up at home) just with so much feedback that handling bloody meat was a deterrent for people to feed raw, we saw an opportunity to provide a hydrated product which didn't handle like raw meat.

With so many dogs still being fed tin food and cheap rolls we are also trying to target the average supermarket buyer with a better quality option.

I'm one of those people who have a problem with handling raw, bloody meat.

Do you sell it in chicken or lamb? Or just kangaroo?