Diahorrea In A Healthy Dog.

Miss Rosie has got gastro...we had visitors over the weekend and I think she had too many treats...I have had to leave her in her crate (much to her annoyance) her crying & jumping is getting to me. As a rule I know "never feed a sick tummy" are there other remedys I can offer her. She is elsewise normal, running and playing this morning, wanting breakkie...

I guess that is a substance that lines the gut & slows motility? Guess i need to find an Australian branding....any ideas? I want to give her a chance to get over this without antibiotics, she is jumping arounds as normal but has very loose motions & urgency.

Is she in her crate for any reason.

Added stress may mean a longer recovery especially if there a clean dog & need to empty out .

Just go to the chemist & buy floramax tablets to realign the good gut bacteria.

There are plenty of options for the runs most vets will sell scourban or similar it just depends on how bad it is

You can still feed her if need be just something very light ,we use chicken mince & Pumpkin .Some dogs just don't do the full starve well & need a little something to settle others 24 is no big deal.

They are in their crates because they will sleep. They are extremely active and will follow me from room to room and im trying to minimise the damage. They do not tolerate outside very well. Is the pumpkin added for a reason Showdog? I understand the food has to be bland...Ive always used chicken & rice. Have phoned my vet hoping to get on his house calls today.

Boiled rice and poached (boiled not stolen! :laugh: ) chicken does the trick here. Usually a couple of days. It's gentle on the stomach and helps them get over it. Personally I don't feed the dog for the first 24 hours and then give them the chicken and rice.

Looks like pumpkin might just make the menu here...no end to what I learn in this forum! The vet called in last night and thinks it could be a protozoan infection / stress by having house guests so they are on antibiotics for the interim. They are very bright and bubbly this morning so I will offer them the pumpkin/chicken mix later this morning. Thanks all for your help.