Exercising Reactive Dogs Thread

:) blinkblink - see/ you can work wonders!

Glad you're feeling better, Justice!

no...... I am quite certain i have had nothing, nada, zip, zero to do with Justice happy state, whatsoever! That would be entirely to the tireless efforts of him mum. I have to admit I don't think I could manage under similar circumstances.

I'm so glad! I've been checking daily and hoping no news was good news. I can't express how happy and relieved I am for the both of you that this was med side effects! Troopers both of you, I admire how much work you're putting into helping him be a happy pup!

And blinkblink is a grade A champ for helping you out like this. Cheers for all 3 of you!

:) blinkblink - see/ you can work wonders!

Glad you're feeling better, Justice!

no...... I am quite certain i have had nothing, nada, zip, zero to do with Justice happy state, whatsoever! That would be entirely to the tireless efforts of him mum. I have to admit I don't think I could manage under similar circumstances.

You may not have had anything to do with Justice bouncing back after coming off of Prozac but you sure as hell have had A LOT to do with helping both Justice and myself cope with his anxiety. You very generously gave him somewhere he could run and explore that was stress free for both of us, go to great lengths to make your salon as stress free as possible for him (booking us in after your last client for the day, ringing me if the last client is running late picking up their dog so we don't bump in to them, letting us park around the back to avoid the street and anyone passing by with a dog, hiding Gruf so that Justice doesn't know he's there, rescheduling when he's having a really bad day and the way you support and encourage Justice when he's a bit anxious) and you've been a wonderful support to me, letting me talk out my stress and worry over him and giving good advice. You've been an absolute godsend and are so very appreciated. :heart::flower::thanks:

Thank you. Its nice to feel appreciated. :)

It's you and Justice been doing all the hard work though!

Such a brilliant up date. The best out come ever. I am rapt for you and Justice. :happydance2:

And blinkblink, you are contributing to Justice's continued well being, by being another person that he can trust and rely on to keep him safe and calm. That is so very important to an anxious dog. :thumbsup:

Phew,what a relief. Its terrible to go through those patches when you just think it's not going to get any better. I do love the monkey bandanna. I hadn't thought of a bandanna accessory, might need to get some groovy fabric.

I'm really glad I popped in here before bed tonight. What a wonderful update on Justice, Snook. I am so happy for you that it was the drugs making him so much worse. It's such a big thing that he can now relax at home and being able to play a few games at the park is an added bonus. Wishing you continued baby steps of improvement. :hug:

We've got our usual spring problems here!

Spring has sprung and so has Dozer's and my allergies, poor boy is getting a good dose of neocort for his contact allergies in his armpits and I've ordered the boys to mow the yard.

I'm tempted to get him a new tag that says "not fit for human consumption for 28 days -treated with neocort " which is our house joke when ever the magic staffy cream comes out!

Dozer found a biiiig blue tongue lizard in the back yard, it was hissing and carrying on so Dozer has been a bit crazy knowing there is a visitor in his yard.

I'll have to get some more recent goofball pictures to share.

I went looking through the album on my phone for some recent pictures.

This is his "really mum, more photos? " look FB_IMG_1440111239796.jpg

And how he spends most evenings

IMG_20150827_201807.jpg

I feel like I need to record a clip of his snoring to go with that picture!

I love the tiniest bit of tongue sticking out!

Quick question, sentry spray or thunderspray. Has anyone used it? Would you say it worked? We've got a tricky day coming up. Thistle and I are going for a walk with a dog she had previously got along with (well, mutually ignored each other) prior to the dog attack. Their biggest interactions are likely to be:

1. possibly guided butt sniffing if they show interest in it

2. Lounging in the same room depending on other dog's activity level

3. walking together in this pattern: Thistle - Me - Cookie - Cookie's owner - Cookie's owner's partner and baby carriag

e

Tempting as it is, going to avoid nose sniffs for this walk. TINY baby steps

I'm feeling confident that she can do all the above without the spray but I really want to set her up for success y'know? So we were going to have her space vest, the thundershirt and then I was thinking trying out this sentry or thunderspray if I i can a) find it in a store somewhere and b) you guys reckon it's calming?

The location will be my mate's house (Thistle on lead with me at alltimes) and their nearby dog park which is apparently onlead ONLY between hours of 3-5pm and apparently everyone obeys this (sceptical noises here). I'll be ready to throw food behind and walk away at any point.

Edit: Idk why that posted twice my internet has been so bad and idk how to delete it!

But I think this is the park my mate's are taking us to: Looks like the ON LEAD RULES ARE STRICTLY ENFORCED :D :D :D :D :D If that is true, we may be coming back by ourselves!!! http://www.cruickshankpark.com.au/Page/Dogs

Edited by Thistle the dog