Is There Ever Any Legitimate Reason To Charge $1k Extra For Paper

Pailin

This person is a registered breeder (listed on DOL) who is selling the pup as $2500 UNPAPERED (no limited register) or $3500 with papers...???

Registered with DogsQLD.

Nup cant be done - better report them to their state CC and Troy.

I can fully understand a much higher charge for a dog on main register because it gives you access to the breeders lines to use in your own breeding program, or to begin your own breeding program. If the breeder has paid to import dogs or semen, that can be extremely valuable. It also recognises the value of he work that's gone on before your pup was born, by all the breeders.

We have at the moment in this country

2 types of registration

Main Registration......... this means you can show and breed with your dog.

Limited Registration..... this means NO showing or breeding.

Now some people say papers or no papers. This could mean they will give main registration, and no papers may mean just that,

no papers will be available for a pet puppy. But.....in some cases they may mean limited. It is up to the purchaser to find out what the breeder actually means.

Yes, the price may vary greatly due to the quality of the puppy/dog being purchased.

Different states have different rules as to weather you MUST sell with papers or you MAY sell without.

It would be best to find out what your state governing body allows.

We do have a neuter registry but I think that is self explanatory

All financial members of their state body have issued to them a membership card.

But in QLD, regardless of limited or main, the dog should get papers. A pedigree dog without papers isn't a pedigree dog.

If the seller really means limited registration papers, they should say that, not "no papers".

This person is a registered breeder (listed on DOL) who is selling the pup as $2500 UNPAPERED (no limited register) or $3500 with papers...???

Registered with DogsQLD.

I'd make sure that the breeder is not meaning Limited Registration for the "no papers".

I think the OP means the two prices apply to the one pupy. That is if you wanted to buy the pup without papers it is $1000 less than it is if you want papers.

Is that right? So not a question of paying more for better quality or potential prospects, just paying more for the same pup.

There is no seperate neuter registry, to be shown as a neuter the dog must be on main register but the pedigree is marked as neutered. It's not a separate registry though.

After all my years in the dog world I know that, but it is the easiest way to explain it new comers, till they get a better grasp on things.