Puppy Farmers Advertising As "registered Breeders"

toy*dog

Whatever, but while you are knocking yourself out comparing better think of same way of telling people who they should go to with a phrase or term which identifies you as being different. You cant stop them from calling themselves registered.

well i believe mita said it and i agree, registered ANKC breeder but i always tack on screen your breeder. im not trying to stop them calling themselves registered?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet if they were registering their pedigrees with Vicdogs it would be O.K. to say this? Better check no registered breeders are making such claims too.

you know what i've got a problem with i've spelt it out enough times on here not going to go over it again then i'll be accused of preaching to the already converted. :laugh:

hmmm interesting, just went to have another look and they are saying that using imports and having a large unrelated gene pool ensures healthier pups. now knowing what i do and what i've experienced that is not true that statement. now you wouldn't be making that statement if you had experience with breeding dogs or any animal. thats just not true. so all my dogs are supposedly unhealthy because i line breed are they. :laugh: i've also outcrossed on occassion and i've done that by not importing but using dogs in Australia. we all know it depends on the bloodlines themselves and the way the genes interact with each other and how a dog passes on those genes and genetic problems. Outcrossing means you have a greater chance of breeding in genetic problems as with linebreeding where the genes are more known to be able to weed the problems out. outcrossing means more random genes to contend with. :laugh:

this is what i mean. it just sounds like to to me they are very green. what happens if those dogs they've imported turn out to keep throwing a serious genetic problem?

plus they have on the website that after handover they have no responsiblity for the health after the pup gets sold up until it gets sold they have made every effort to ensure its health. so what does that mean? if the dog develops a genetic problem inherited they will wipe their hands it sure sounds like that to me with that wording???????????

also there are 2 drop off points for pups in melbourne somewhere. from a car boot? just stating for myself i'd never just meet someone and hand over a dog just like that, i'd want the people to come and visit and meet them before handing over any animal. the people have to jump through hoops to ensure they are going to look after any dog i sell. not that i have many to sell in the first place. as we know alot of breeders do this exact same thing.

just saying......

Edited by toy*dog