A Celebration Of My Beautiful Girl, Dusty.

Gayle.

She would get along with Safire- Princess and ruler of all Kelpies (so long as she can sit in her crate and supervise everyone else working hard and no one shakes close to her and spatters her with mud!)

Dusty is gorgeous :love: I love the picture on the bench!

Every home full of working dogs needs a princess. They make even the laziest dog look like a worker bee! I love the sound of Safire, I reckon her and Dusty could probably share a palace together as long as they could have a separate wing, each with their own turret.

Totally- she tried flyball, agility, herding and obedience. And she managed to worm her way out of every restraint (fences, harness collar etc) and either end up watching from the car or squirming into someones crate- hers, or the poor cavalier (who was still resident in the crate tiny tiny crate) if its open then it is clearly an invitation for the Princess. She loooooooves hopping in the car and going places..... Not so much the doing. She is a great cuddle pot too!!

I am glad someone understands- most people just say I should stop being lazy and train her, or that she is not a very good kelpie- I happen to think she is just very very very smart and knows what she wants!

She also likes to paw dogs on the head- looks so regal (and condescending :rofl:)

When it comes down to it, they really are the easiest of dogs to live with. Dusty is demanding only of my pats and cuddles, she has no desire to be doing anything particularly active, and if she doesn't get walked for a few days/weeks/months then she doesn't care. She's never destroyed anything in her life, and not being exercised doesn't turn her into a she-devil. She is extraordinarily well-behaved and would rather die than do something naughty.

She has a very expressive face and you can usually read her feelings on her face. I tried to teach her some tricks.....we got "touch" down pat, she can now touch her nose to my hand; she can walk backwards, although what use that's going to be I have no idea. Then I tried to teach her to roll over. She couldn't see the point and her whole facial expression read "This is bloody stupid, I can do this whenever I feel like it without you telling me to!" So we abandoned that trick.

I couldn't agree more. I feel sorry for people who have never had the joy of a princess!! They don't know what they have missed. I wish I had some nice photos of Safire, but this thread has made me realise that because she isn't 'doing' things she often gets missed- I have sooo many photos of my other dogs but only three very average ones of her..... My project for this month is going to be to get a few nice photos of my girl.

Thank you for reminding me what makes my girl so amazing!!

Edited by Jumabaar