Offlead Parks In Sa .

persephone

Or not fill in the gaps - who wants to make some of them publically known :rofl:. I just wish they would stop putting "agility" equipment into all of them as standard. Its particularly dangerous especially some of the wooden barriers they have. Sure maybe have concrete tunnels covered with earth but the wooden jumps in particular concern me a great deal as a potential for injury. They would be much better sticking with more natural things like dirt mounds or variable surfaces or even low items rather than some of the items they seem to contain.

Those jumps are ridiculous imo

I kinda like the jumps... Means I can practice agility under high distraction (doesn't get much higher than being at a dog park). Why does everyone else not like them? I also taught my dog to weave at one of those parks.

They are dangerous Jacqui - they are often to close together. They are often higher then normal equipment and they don't displace. I have seen people dragging dogs over them that shouldn't otherwise be jumping i.e. young pups, severely overweight dogs. Also the footing isn't always the best for the dog either.

Thanks for sharing :D

I can't wait until they finish the new park in the Onkaparinga council area ;)

Where is it going to be?

Not too close to either of us :(

It's in Minkarra Park in Flagstaff hill- off happy valley and Manning road.

Looks like a good area on paper, but I've never visitied the park.

Not sure when they will complete the park though, hopefully this year.

http://www.onkaparinga.sa.gov.au/onka/search_results.jsp?orderby=rank&rpp=10&rst=All&str=dog+park&type=and&xcid=507

The second 2 results show the location and everything else :D

They are dangerous Jacqui - they are often to close together. They are often higher then normal equipment and they don't displace. I have seen people dragging dogs over them that shouldn't otherwise be jumping i.e. young pups, severely overweight dogs. Also the footing isn't always the best for the dog either.

Omg I've never seen people trying to drag their dogs over it but yeah that would be horrible. I have seen plenty of people begging their dogs to jump and getting the stink eye though lol. The highest I've seen are the same height as the ones we have to jump for our competitions (1m), but I've only seen those at that new park in the Hills region, all the rest seem to be a good deal lower (but then I only know 3 parks with agility equipment, the pooch park at Findon, the one in Panorama and that one in the Hills). But I never really see anyone using them - it's not like I ever have to wait for a turn or anything. Even when the parks are packed, there might be one or 2 people with dogs doing agility exercises but the rest are just doing their thing.

Thanks for sharing :D

I can't wait until they finish the new park in the Onkaparinga council area ;)

Where is it going to be?

Not too close to either of us :(

It's in Minkarra Park in Flagstaff hill- off happy valley and Manning road.

Looks like a good area on paper, but I've never visitied the park.

Not sure when they will complete the park though, hopefully this year.

http://www.onkaparinga.sa.gov.au/onka/search_results.jsp?orderby=rank&rpp=10&rst=All&str=dog+park&type=and&xcid=507

The second 2 results show the location and everything else :D

Thanks for the link. Shame there's nothing down this way!