Staffy Pup

Pilot78

Hi

We have a 5 month old male Staffordshire Bull Terrier. We love him dearly. After doing lots of research online about the breed, we have noticed that he looks different in some ways, such as head shape,ears,and longer foreface. We were told he is a "Pure Bred", and although this is not a concern to us we were curious as to what he may actually be. We did not buy from a breeder at the time. I have attached some pics and would greatly appreciate any comments..

Thanks in advance :)

post-43337-0-44803200-1326717503_thumb.jpg

post-43337-0-25721200-1326717623_thumb.jpg

post-43337-0-77898500-1326717644_thumb.jpg

I'm not a breeder but from my experience with SBTs in rescue his ears are too big, his snout is too long and I don't think I've ever seen those kind of face colours/markings in a pure bed stafford. As long as you love him it doesn't matter whether he is pure bred or not. He doesn't know what he's 'supposed' to look like! He looks like a happy boy!

Hahah where on earth did you get him from to be told he is a pure breed..... I dont think he has any staffy in him.... GSD probably.

Either way good luck woth your new pup he is cute.

EDIT: after taking a closer look he does look like to have some staffy, the belly/chest area kind of make me thing there would be some spek of staffy.

Edited by GussysMum

If that's a 'Staffy', I want one! Sorry, he's definitely not a purebred Staffy.

The reason I like the look of your dog is that he doesn't have that big round head, complete with the 'Staffy grin' that Staffy owners love.

Your pup is lovely though, nice markings and cute ears. :)

He actually looks just like the supposed pure staffy bitch that is owned by a friend of mine and lives just down the road. I can't tell how big your dog is from those photos, but this girl is very small, so GSD cross has never really come to mind when seeing her. A bit of Kelpie would probably be more likely, although she does look like a very small (badly bred) SBT with erect ears. I can definitely see some SBT in your dog too, just not a pure SBT, but he's adorable, so who cares? :D

Those ears could be Stafford - there's a fair number of pricked eared Staffords around!

How tall is he, how much does he weigh.

The red with black mask can be Stafford.

To me the length and shape of the head screams cross bred.

As long as you don't move to Victoria it probably doesn't matter, just hope you didn't pay "pure bred" price for a cross bred pup.

Another reason why "papers" do matter :o

Edited by Sandra777