People Who Know About Dog Trailers

GoldenWei

I seen that too.. Why not ask them?

I did, I know the price, I just don't know if that is a GOOD price or if another brand the same size etc would be cheaper even after the discount is applied etc or more expensive..... Basically I have no idea how much a new 4 berth - of any brand costs.

Just wondering what you would expect to pay approx, for a basically new 4 berth trailer - but with some minor hail damage?

I have o ne of Cruising Canine's trailers - and honestly couldnt be happier with it. The prices listed are a good discount and you wont get a better made trailer. They are spectacularly made and are usually made to order - so this is an unusual opportunity.. the quality of the build and the service from the Cruising Canine Teams is fabulous.. They are waterproof - including the caravan fronts - John has a little addition to the top of the door which ensures it is waterproof.

I have never driven a trailer before and have had no trouble with driving and moving mine - still practicing reversing!!

Besides the trailer in question, what is a ball park price you would pay for a nice trailer?

I paid about $4700.00 for my Brand New 4 Berth Trailer built by 'Norking Floats' in Victoria.

Sadly, they closed-up business shortly after. Luckily I never needed to see them for warranty claims.

I have an older hail damaged Toledo. It leaks in torrential and sustained rain, but the leaks are not from the hail damage, the road spray comes up through the vent panels in the doors and sides, and up under the front window. At least the front window I can add a new seal to, but the slotted panels are always going to have that problem.

Just wondering what you would expect to pay approx, for a basically new 4 berth trailer - but with some minor hail damage?

Hi I think, the small one was reduced from about $6.500 to $5000 and the large one from about $8500 to $7000.

Trailers seem to keep their price , there is 16 year old ones that cost $2500.

Does Hial damage increases the possibility of leakage?

My Trek leaks too.

It does not have the same amount of slots on the doors as the Toledo or similar designs.

My bigget issue would be condensation at night dropping from the roof on the dogs and bedding as their trailers are not lined.

I suppose my biggest complaint about the Treks would be the finishing touches were not there. We had to put the spare tyre on (their mounting point under the back is a really stupid idea). My hubby made a bracket to fix it to a side mudguard.. No light inside. (I bought those LED strip lights and stuck it to the roof. The nosecone leaks through the piano hinge (had to silicon that up to prevent leakage).

I used to have an old 3 berth Toledo. It used to leak through the whirly birds. It was rusting between the inside skin and the cladding on the outside. Heavy trailer, but I think for its age was quite good.

We have a Ranger ( it is 40yrs young), we bought it s/h (one owner) & have done it up. it now looks like a brand new one, found it had NO leaks before working on it :D

We have been offered $5,000.00 for it, sorry no sale :laugh: