Please Don't Bite My Head Off

Guest muttrus

As most people know most of my dogs are in kennels, which I visit nearly every day of the week, there is seldom when I don't go in, also at another kennel I have volunteers that go in each day and take them for walks and interact with them, like today each dog got a 40 minute walk, and I also visit that kennel as well.

So yes I know my dogs, I also use my donations to help save these dogs which I wouldn't be able to otherwise and if I get one that needs major vet work yes I do put up a help for donations.

Like recently I had a older boy that I rescued from the RSPCA at Orange because he had been surrendered by his owner who was 80 and couldn't look after him, I took him in and had in kennels for a while until a carer came along and took him and on a visit to the vets it was found to have a lump which needed to be removed and was going to cost $1200 to $1400 and he was a 9 year old boy.

So what do I do put him to sleep to do it, so yes I put out asking for help and within a couple of weeks we had raised most of the funds so we went ahead with it and in recovery was able to make up the difference but once I got the told needed I let everybody know that no further funds were needed.

So I think each situation is different and each group needs to access each situation and not have a hard and fast rule.

I know there is groups out there that do have dogs in kennels and don't go and see them and that does worry me on how they can assess them. But from what I have seen most groups do visit there dogs.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people have misunderstood the thread.

It's about groups taking on dogs they know will be costly (and constantly doing it without funds). Not ones that they don't know will be costly until they have them in care.