Illegal To Ride A Bike And Have Dog Run Beside On Lead

donski

I'd like to know if this law also applies to mobility scooters, esp for those with an assistance dog? Might have to make a call or two.....

How can they stop you? That would be craziness!

Ok, just got off the phone to WA Police. In WA, a mobility scooter is classed the same as a pedestrian, therefore walking a dog on a leash next to one is not illegal.

Its illegal on roads becase its dangerous. I kn that as a 5 or 6yo yes I thought it would make sense to attached the lead to teh bike and go - til the dog went faster at the end of teh driveway and bike went over and baby teeth in front of mouth GONE (well ok trip to dentist to file the broken bits so not totally gone but bad enough not to mention the skin off ).

Very sensible road rule as imagine going along the bike lane of a road and for some reason dog stops or goes different direction and whamo bike rider splat on road then collected by passing car that couldnt avoid rider on ground in that split second. Away from roads your own problem its your bones and teeth bit like the people leading horses from the car. Whoever said that may note that the trainer years ago who was quoted and pictured doing that was on hi own property and therefore not on a legal road. Now as to the legalities in regardto a training facility who knows but the road rules dont apply (like on farms where kids are taught to drive at a young age in old cars inside the family property).

Edited by rubiton