Grooming Question

rachiie

My dog's coat goes all fluffy and sticks up where I put his flea/tick treatment. He's a cocker and I don't clip him.

It stops doing it if I treat orally, but we have ticks in the area and I don't know of an oral tick treatment?

Anyone have any clues on how to get it to stay down?

photo1.jpg

Which spot on is it or does it make no difference? I found the way Frontline affected my dog's coat was different to the way Revolution does, but in either case, the effect goes away after a couple of days, a few visits to the beach (after the specified time), hoses offs, and brushing.

I think if I wanted her coat to look perfect for a show (not likely cos she's a bitsa), then I'd either spot on after the show or early - like a week before. Just to be safe.

Guest donatella

I use frontline as well on a long coated dog and it makes her neck all stiff and mucky from where I apply it, however after its dry i'm able to brush it out and it blends back into the fur again ok. I'm pretty sure you're allowed to get them wet either 24 or 48 hours post application as well so I presume that would help tame the 'fluff' again.