Bulldog In Elevator Accident

gillbear

Oh gosh how horrible :(

A similar thing happened to me when I was a child. I used to take my pet rabbit out with me on a little harness. I got into the car once holding my rabbit and not realiseing the end of the lead was trailing out the door. I had literally just undone the harness and taken the loop over my rabbits head when the lead got caught under the back wheel and was ripped out of my hands through the bottom of the door.

I shudder to think what might have happend if I had not taken his harness off :(:(

Wow...that's scary. When we go out to the ADAA Grand Prix at Tamworth we have to take our dogs up & down in the elevator to get to the events & sometimes the elevators are quite crowded with all sorts of dogs. It has always worried me that one might get its tail caught or something, but was told that the elevator would reopen if it detected something obstructing it. Now I'm am not quite sure :(

I don't understand what he was thinking though. The dog was clearly not on the elevator when he pressed the button but he made no attempt to do anything until the door was closed. :confused:

Wouldn't common sense dictate that you check before letting the doors close?

Thank dog that lady was there and was smart enough to hold the dog by the collar and wait for its owner to come back down!!

OMG poor bloody dog and that lady was on the ball she could see something was wrong and raced back to help. The guy just looks like he had zoned out and was just not paying attention to what was going on - was just mechanically going through the steps he has gone through hundreds of times before without actively thinking about what he was doing. Thank dog he was going up not down.

The dog still had it's collar on - the lead clip snapped by the looks of it.

It was being filmed on CCTV

The guy was obviously just in autopilot - maybe he had something on his mind, thank God the dog was okay I'm sure the guy felt terrible (and copped a nasty injury to his head too)

Have you stopped to wonder why an everyday occurrence was being filmed?

I would have thought it was CCTV, but apparently my tinfoil hat isn't working because you've now convinced me it was an effort to win money on a home video show.

LOL

Just normal CCTV for an apartment building.

Gosh the dog was lucky. Seemed totally surprised and even tried to get on the next elevator. Lucky the lady was there to hold onto it while the owner came back down.

Actually the owner suffered I think a broken wrist and finger as well.

:eek: That poor dog, he looked like he resisted going in to begin with, his feet slid on the ground like he didn't want to go in and the guy clearly had hs mind on other things, he even looked as though he was looking directly at the dog when the door closed.

When we do our hospital visits I am very aware of my girls in the elevator, they are fine with it but I am constantly watching them especially when we first started for signs of stress as it was such a new experience for them.

I can imagine how that guy would feel, what a terrible thing to have happen. Wonder if he watched the footage?