Why I Love My Dog Even More...

kitkatswing

Yesterday afternoon we lost a very very dear friend of ours.

I was sent home in a taxi by work (I love my job).

Our little JRT is usually manic in the afternoon/evening to play and go for his walk.

He knew what was going on, he did no leave our sides the entire afternoon/evening. He didnt even bring his toys to play with. He was so quiet, he just layed down near one of us (if we were in seperate rooms). Maui put up with us burying our heads in his side and sobbing.

This is why I love Maui even more, he showed us last night that he truely does understand and really is part of our family 150%...

Thoughts are with you at this sad time. But Maui is why our dogs are called Mans Best Friend they understand our feelings and give us all the love we need. Stay strong with friends and the love of your wonderful dog you will get through this.

My sympathies - so glad your little'un was able to give you some comfort.

Dogs, treated right, are almost empathetic and certainly receptive to their owner's moods...when I'm having a pity party it's interestingly, my little boy dog who comes and sits besides me...whereas my heart dog girl, couldn't give a fig. That's one of the reasons why we love them.....

My girl knows when I'm struggling and just snuggles up next to me for as long as it takes me to get out of bed again and face the world. There was a time when I wasn't doing so well when she was still quite young and she'd bring me her favourite toy and just lay it on my chest. Dogs really are magical creatures.

I'm glad Maui is there with you during this awful time.

Guest donatella

this is a beautiful story, although i'm sorry for the tragic ending :(

this is why i want to punch people who say things like "oh its JUST a dog". my gosh they really are so much more!!

:grouphug:

So sorry for your loss. :( Aren't our furry kids just the best !!! They are just so in tune to our feelings. Makes me love them even more, if that is possible.

Yes Donatella, I want to punch them too. Just a dog. What a crock of *%^%. You know it is their loss people that don't know any better but my god they are missing the

most amazing thing is the world. The love of a dog. :grouphug:

Edited by BC Crazy