Dog Trailer And Temperature

morgerot

I am researching trailers at the moment and have found what I have to look out for: weight, size, price, place for stuff and most importantly: leaking and temperature.

There seems to be quiet some difference in temperature/insulation and ventilation.

Im interested how trailers compare in hot weather. Is it cool enough to keep the dogs inside? Do you have to put shade up?

Especially interested in the cruising canine trailer.

hi there the only advice i can give you is get in it & go for a ride around the block, you may be supprised, be aware of exhaust fumes being sucked into it as most people dont take this into consideration & you wont know unless you get in it. i had experience with a horse float & i got gassed on a short trip up the road.

best of luck

Thank you very much. :)

Especially the trip around, good thinking. :thumbsup:

I had a feel of a Toledo trailer and I was amazed how cool it was, although it was very hot outside. Amazing!

Anyone experience with a cruising canine one?

Thank you very much. :)

Especially the trip around, good thinking. :thumbsup:

I had a feel of a Toledo trailer and I was amazed how cool it was, although it was very hot outside. Amazing!

Anyone experience with a cruising canine one?

Hi - yes I sure have! I've sat in my Cruising Caninces trailer in some of the hot days that we have had since November and it is noticeably cooler. I also have a temperature gauge in mine.. John also rigged up a portable fan for mine and it is fabulous. If you compare the car temp with the trailer temps i think you will be pleasantly surprised. i can also say that my Cruising Canine trailer DOES NOT LEAK.. Not through the caravan front or anywhere else (unless a dopey owner leaves the spinners open and the trailer parked outside in a downpour..... then I got about 1 Tablespoon fo water in the weather side bay but none in the wardrobe (which has spinners) and none in the caravan tack box...

happy to answer any questions on the Cruising Canines trailers.

i heard an exhibitor down here in vic went for a ride in his trailer and said the worst part of it all was the metal drink bowls on the doors rattling so we all went out and got those plastic ones that lock in place :) much quieter now!

they are much cooler inside the trailers then outside on a hot day, i cant wait to get one!! much better then the back of the car with the door open

i heard an exhibitor down here in vic went for a ride in his trailer and said the worst part of it all was the metal drink bowls on the doors rattling so we all went out and got those plastic ones that lock in place :) much quieter now!

they are much cooler inside the trailers then outside on a hot day, i cant wait to get one!! much better then the back of the car with the door open

rofl, love it, yep my lot have the plastic drink containers in their cruising canines trailer.. Im a bit paraonid re the pugs but they love the trailer - ie, go and stand in front of it rather than the car!!!

I used to have a Trek Trailer and never will again, extremely hot and always got full of water, and when I told Trek about my problems, they didnt want to know. :eek:

I have heard alot of good stories about Toledos and similar trailers, and I like the look of Cruising Canine ones... will def be looking into those if I ever get another trailer.

Thanks for all the replies. :D

I have now heard all good stories about Toledo and Cruising canines. (Toledo one bad story).

Now all I have to ask how heavy they are.

(After reading the thread about the Rotti owner with the Trek trailer that had 720kg empty weight (750kg is allowed without breaks).

Did you install breaks in yours FlissPrideaux?

Thanks for all the replies. :D

I have now heard all good stories about Toledo and Cruising canines. (Toledo one bad story).

Now all I have to ask how heavy they are.

(After reading the thread about the Rotti owner with the Trek trailer that had 720kg empty weight (750kg is allowed without breaks).

Did you install breaks in yours FlissPrideaux?

Hi Morgerot - no I didnt neeed brakes in mine - I did ask John if I did but he said no. My trailer in 400 kg. it is a big 2 berth with wardrobe (or 3rd bay) and tack box, with trolley rack on the back and ezu shade platform on the front. It is on a 5 x 7 chasis. If you were going up to a bigger size then I would guess that you might - but John will advise.. He is fantastic as he will tell you what works and what wont - but then making a suggestion re getting something to suit the specs..