But He Only Chases Them...

cannibalgoldfish

Dear dog walker,

You know the day you took your dog for a walk at the local park? It was a lovely summer day and your dog must have loved his walk. Sure, you had him off leash in an on leash area but everyone else does it. Your dog doesn't do any harm? He is well behaved. Ok so the local park is a protected wildlife area hence the leash law but hey, your dog is fine. Sure he might chase a duck now and then but only in fun right? He cant catch them. Remember that pelican your dog chased this week? The one sitting on the bank. Notice anything about it before your dog chased it off back into the water? Probably not. That pelican had a broken bill and had been slowly starving to death. The wildlife carers had been trying to catch it for days and were on their way to get it after someone reported it was finally on land. But thats ok, your dog didn't hurt it, just chased it off back into the water. The next time the wildlife carers could get near to that pelican was when it washed up dying near my work. Pity they couldn't catch it earlier when it still had a bit of strength and maybe a chance? But no, your dog that was off leash in a on leash area chased it away. That pelican died but thats ok, your dog didn't kill it. He is a good dog, he just chases the birds for fun, he doesn't catch them....

Poor bird!!! RIP Mr Percival :cry:

Idiot dog owner :mad

Funnily enough, thats the answer I get when talking to people whose dogs wander onto our property - hes just visiting to say hello, he wont hurt anything! My livestock doesnt know that Dickhead :mad

Keep your dog on a leash or on your property, easy-peasy!