"come Home" Vibes Please For My Lost Dog.

FranVT

Luuka is missing. My dad is notoriously lax with letting her explore our huge block with minimal supervision. Even when he loses sight of her, she is always back in 5 mins or so and she has excellent road sense (will only step onto the road with my permission even when chasing something or considering chasing something).

Dad let her play outside nearby where he was hanging washing out. He turned his back and she had wandered off. She has been gone for over two hours. No dogs in the neighbourhood are barking. We have been circling the area calling her for an hour and 45 minutes. We have walked around too with torches.

No vets have her, though they now know she's missing. She's not at the dog park.

She had a very small breakfast and is a total piglet so she would be STARVING by now. There's no way she's staying away by choice :cry:

Come home Luulu.

Edited by FranCQ

She just ran in the door, awful creature, can't be mad at her for coming home I know but I'm SO MAD, she is coated in mud and soaking wet and also has lots of prickles so I have no idea where she's been.

It's SO unusual for her to be away from home any more than 5 mins, can't imagine what she's been up to.

Dad was so relieved he hugged me. He's not much of a hugger so that was ... startling.

I sincerely hope this has shown him why I don't let her out of my sight when we're outside together. She isn't an 'escape artist' but like most dogs if she gets a scent or finds something fun to play with (like a cat etc) and follows it, who knows where she could end up. Not to mention not everyone has the best intentions :(

I've got happy tears now not sad, so pleased she has come home. I can imagine your poor Dad was feeling sick with worry too hope he is happier now. After you have given the nawty girl a bath and some food I hope you all have a very good nights sleep.

I hope so too, though I was careful not to be 'mad' at him because he was quite upset with himself, but I have warned him about being so casual about her wandering around. He let her good behaviour and tendency to stay around home lull him into a false sense of security.

No idea what she's been doing but she is absolutely knackered.

ETA Thanks cointreau :) I will admit to a few tears when dad wasn't looking because if he'd seen me cry he would've gone to pieces and been useless for searching :o

Edited by FranCQ

I only just saw this! So glad she's home safe Fran, naughty girl!

My two got out once through some gates someone didn't shut properly, they were gone about ten minutes and when they came back they looked like they'd run a marathon :mad I could just imagine them galloping down the street like idiots :eek: