Purebred Sibes In A Pet Shop Window

LizT

A "friend" of mine bought a husky pup from a local pet shop with not much change out of $2,000. He then came to me asking how to enter dog shows.

When I told him he couldn't suddenly he couldn't keep the puppy anymore and rehomed it. :mad

I've known a few people who thought the purebred they were buying from the pet shop could breed registered purebred puppies. :confused:

I work at a pet supply shop - not a pet shop, over the christmas break I had a woman come in and ask if we had either a puppy or kitten for sale. When I told her we dont sell pets she said "Damn we are camping and the kids are restless and I tought a puppy or kitten would settle them down'. To this I said that is no reason to get a pet. She cave me a dirty look and walked out the door.

I work at a pet supply shop - not a pet shop, over the christmas break I had a woman come in and ask if we had either a puppy or kitten for sale. When I told her we dont sell pets she said "Damn we are camping and the kids are restless and I tought a puppy or kitten would settle them down'. To this I said that is no reason to get a pet. She cave me a dirty look and walked out the door.

:dropjaw::mad

O M doG! :mad Just get them a Nitendo 3D each.

Edited by LizT

We generally hear that atleast once around the start of holidays where I work too :mad.

I like to hang around a certain Pet Shop chain's shops wearing my "Poodle, the only REAL Oodle" T shirt :laugh:

you'd not be please to hear that the local pet store here had "miniature poodles" in it the other day. They were just 8 weeks old and already bigger than a sheltie puppy would be at 4 months old. :eek:

I couldn't help myself and went in and asked them how old they were. When they told me 8 weeks, I said "There's no way they are miniature poodles - they are too big". They said yes, they knew that, but the " 'breeder' had told them they were miniature poodles, so by law they had to advertise them as that". When I said I hoped that they were letting possible purchasers know that they will be much bigger than a miniature poodle, they said that they were, when they came to actually buy them.

I like to hang around a certain Pet Shop chain's shops wearing my "Poodle, the only REAL Oodle" T shirt :laugh:

you'd not be please to hear that the local pet store here had "miniature poodles" in it the other day. They were just 8 weeks old and already bigger than a sheltie puppy would be at 4 months old. :eek:

I couldn't help myself and went in and asked them how old they were. When they told me 8 weeks, I said "There's no way they are miniature poodles - they are too big". They said yes, they knew that, but the " 'breeder' had told them they were miniature poodles, so by law they had to advertise them as that". When I said I hoped that they were letting possible purchasers know that they will be much bigger than a miniature poodle, they said that they were, when they came to actually buy them.

One that had me scratching my head was the little black fluffy puppy I saw in Petshop Window labelled as a "Bichon X Maltese"... :confused:

:dropjaw: Wow. I just cant fathom that. :banghead:

:dropjaw: Wow. I just cant fathom that. :banghead:

I cannot understand that logic in the slightest. The mind boggles.

They are in Sydney pet shops as well. Eight Below was on the other night. :mad

Puppy Farmers dream come true.

I watched Eight Below the other day. Beautiful film and stunning dogs but I did think about how many people went out and bought a husky after watching it expecting them to be just like in the film :mad . My Husky was rescued from the pound, after being a stray for what appears to be quite a while, given her poor condition. She is called Mya, does make me wonder if she was bought after someone watched the film, as the pack leader was called Mya.

Sad :cry:

I watched Eight Below the other day. Beautiful film and stunning dogs but I did think about how many people went out and bought a husky after watching it expecting them to be just like in the film :mad . My Husky was rescued from the pound, after being a stray for what appears to be quite a while, given her poor condition. She is called Mya, does make me wonder if she was bought after someone watched the film, as the pack leader was called Mya.

If she was a stray how did you know her name was Mya?

Her microchip info said she was called Mya but the contact details were out of date or something. No luck tracing the owners anyway.

Her microchip info said she was called Mya but the contact details were out of date or something. No luck tracing the owners anyway.

Oh..poor girl. Now she has you. :)

Sibes aren't the easiest dogs to live with. I love mine to death but they're a breed I very very rarely recommend to anyone. Zero is gorgeous but he certainly knows how to flip me the bird when he wants to!

Ah but from what I've read and heard of Zero he is "speshul"...he was probably born "flipping the bird". :laugh: