New Gazebo

Poodle Mum

Hi all.....My gazebo has finally packed it in at a storm with hubby in Canberra this morning?

I need to buy a new one and I see around at shows there are a couple of styles

I am after advice -

• Which one :D
  • Ease of putting up, if on my own....the old one was always struggle on my own.
  • Anywhere cheaper than BCF

I have Std Poodles so need space for a crate & a table. Enough room for preparing 2 poo's ;)

I have an Oztrail Deluxe and even though I'm pretty small (5'3") I can put it up on my own and move it into & out of my car. I bought the Compact because the regular didn't fit in my boot :)

We have fit 2 trolleys and a table in there, but cosy.

Hi

I have an Oztrail Deluxe 3m x 3m.

I can put it up on my own, I peg one leg to the ground and jiggle it until its spread out.

Downside is it is heavy and can be difficult to handle, but i wouldnt buy a smaller one as we have heaps of room for three large crates two chairs & can share if anyone else wants to.

I have seen too many oztrails crumble under the weight of water during summer storms up here to even contemplate them now. We have 2 3x3 and a 6x3 Outdoor Connection gazebos and think they are brilliant. A fair bit heavier than others but a lot sturdier in my opinion...

Thanks for all the replies everyone...nlw i just need to wait til payday!

PR....thats exactly what happened to my gazebo....filled up with rainwater..then OH said tne roof collapsed!

6 months ago he blew up my free standing dryer...now today my gazebo!....not lending him anything else!!

Thanks for all the replies everyone...nlw i just need to wait til payday!

PR....thats exactly what happened to my gazebo....filled up with rainwater..then OH said tne roof collapsed!

6 months ago he blew up my free standing dryer...now today my gazebo!....not lending him anything else!!

IMO the Oz trails work just fine as long as you make sure the top is put on correctly. I would not recommend the Oz Trail that has the high centre pole as these ones do collect water but the Oz Trails with just the 4 poles connected to the Apex are fine. I have been through some horendous storms with my 2 compacts and never had a water pooling issue as long as the tops are put on correctly.

I love my 3 x 3 Bunnings gazebo but have just bought an Oztrail deluxe compact for the times there is only me and one dog :D

eta I have a Bunnings gazebo set up in my backyard in one of the dogs yards, been through some tremendous rain storms and it's yet to cave in :thumbsup:

Edited by Rebanne

I love my 3 x 3 Bunnings gazebo but have just bought an Oztrail deluxe compact for the times there is only me and one dog :D

eta I have a Bunnings gazebo set up in my backyard in one of the dogs yards, been through some tremendous rain storms and it's yet to cave in :thumbsup:

If it survived Christmas Day you've got a top gazebo on your hands I'd say :thumbsup: :laugh:

If it survived Christmas Day you've got a top gazebo on your hands I'd say :thumbsup: :laugh:

it's been up around 7 or 8 months now, I think the vent at the top helps a lot :thumbsup:

My oz-trail compact :thumbsup: I don't even remember how long I've had it, but its survived storms, wind ect. But I always peg it down on the legs and bought heavy duty nylon rope & replaced the flimsy tie down string that came with it & also BIG tent stakes.

fifi

Oz Trail Deluxe - easier to put up alone and sturdy, ours have been through some testing times !!

I would suggest against the compacts as I've helped older exhibitors put these up and find them horrid to do so and very stiff (?) to expand out, also have seen the roofs on these sink in in heavy rain.

I have a couple of 3x3s that are too heavy for me and won't fit in the car. I can't remember how long ago (maybe 2 to 3 years) I bought my oztrail compact and love it! ALWAYS leave it up, with the top on, overnight and NEVER had a problem, even when other bigger, heavier gazebos have collapsed or blown away.

Hi

I have an Oztrail Deluxe 3m x 3m.

I can put it up on my own, I peg one leg to the ground and jiggle it until its spread out.

Downside is it is heavy and can be difficult to handle, but i wouldnt buy a smaller one as we have heaps of room for three large crates two chairs & can share if anyone else wants to.

Bunnings have a 3m x 3m gazebo at the moment, which looks, in every manner, exactly like the oztrail deluxe. The velcro on the roof is even in the same spots to fit oztrail walls. Their roofs are better than the oztrail IMO, as they have an air vent at the top which lets not only the hot air escape, but also the wind on stormy days.

Best thing - the Bunnings ones, last weekend when I was there, were only $159.

Can't beat that really.