Dogs And Goats Believed Slaughtered.

Steve

On ABC's 7.30 report tonight they showed this property once again. The RSPCA has been called out on numerous times since 2004 but the RSPCA rep said that did not count and that each report had to be taken on an individual basis. Well it seems this guy is a repeat offender but that doesn't matter because "the owner complied with the RSPCA's requests???????

Go figure.

Then they showed some footage from a puppy farm in Kerang ( I think the full report is on Monday) where the Gannawarra council say they are happy with how things are run there.

The look in those 2 black labradors eyes will haunt me forever as one tried to scramble under the other with both trembling all over. The explanation there was "they didn't like the camera"

The conditions: beyond belief.

I know some people are labelled as "extremists" and of having hidden agendas but if they can help these dear souls and get them out of the hell they live in, when no one else does anything, they get my vote.

Of course breeders being targeted for minor things is another thing, the point here is farming of dogs and cruelty and I think all dog lovers should be horrified and protest in the loudest possible way.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im so upset that none of the media are focussing on the fact that despite claims the only dogs that have actually died were at the hands of the authorities that "rescued" them. Look at the staffy in this pic forlornly looking away as it is removed (or sorry RESCUED) from the premises. These dogs were actually most likely killed. Why wasnt someone charged?...oh thats right because they were not EATEN afterwards...and the people doing the killing have a legislative protection because of Victorian law.

I brought up on the OL website about what that rescue meant to this staffy: through all their cheering about standing up for dog injustice and against the alleged dog butchers and back patting not one dared to care for the fate of that beautiful dog. Which by the way didnt look to poorly in my opinion. I am in support of closing commercial puppy farms but in this instance there was a real crime happening in front of the cameras eyes and nobody dared acknowledge the elephant in the room. Well little staffy I pray you get much more than you deserved in heaven than you got here in the last week of your life. You might not have been as cute as Oscar but you mattered and I for one will mourn you should you have passed.

As for the allegations of the property, they are yet to be proven...if illegal activity has found to have occurred well then may they be prosecuted.

Edited by redangel

The two restricted breeds were not 'slaughtered' - they were humanely ethanised. And sorry but you cannot compare being kept in a tiny cage, abused, neglected, etc with being PTS. :rolleyes:

That staffy looked really neglected. *insert sarcasm here*

Yep enter the "maybe" brigade because noone wants to acknowledge the poosibility that the dog wasnt neglected...but hey if its dead now what does it matter?

Travel to a farm where dogs are kennelled outside with a basic waterbowl tethered to a half drum for part of the day or worse travel in a cage along with the cattle truck.Guess abuse depends on where your dog sleeps. I think shoving a dog in front of a camera as a media campaign, to protests & constant interviews as a unnatural also. Is that abuse? Hardly. I will be sure to see the photos should a prosecution come of it in this case. If there was any dogs in immediate danger Im sure seizure would have been a bigger affair I advocate that all dogs should have the right to be well and given opportunity. My point is that staffy wasnt legally afforded any and it semms in all this hype the staffy didnt rate as deserving of this.

The two restricted breeds were not 'slaughtered' - they were humanely ethanised. And sorry but you cannot compare being kept in a tiny cage, abused, neglected, etc with being PTS. :rolleyes:

No doubt about it. They were slaughtered!

Kirty,

Doesn't matter which way you dress it up, when perfectly healthy, behaviouraly sound, (as most American Pit Bull Terriers are) dogs are killed then it's outright murder irrespective of breed.