Saving Heidi

Fit for a King

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Heidi. I hope they can get the support they need to save her.

a stranger approached suddenly wanting to pet her.

If only people would learn to ask before approaching strange dogs wanting to pat them. Poor dog does nothing wrong and may pay for it with her life :mad.

So sad, why can't humans accept sometimes accidents really do happen?

Indeed, who hasn't coped a fair wack in the face from some clutzy dufus dog.

It certainly does illustrate the need for people to take care around strange dogs and to give them some space and time while enquiring about the dog and getting permission to touch the animals. Poor girl was probably so happy and just wanted to say "Hello". :(

poor dog - I regularly get "kissed" on the face by excited boxers or labs in my local park its just what they do sometimes...

ANYWAY! wheres the strangers own "duty of care" - HE approached the dog not the other way round! so sad

People are so damned litigious. It seems so odd that a person who supposedly loved dogs so much that he'd rush up uninvited and startle the poor thing with in his enthusiasm would also feel justified in condemning the same animal to death for accidentally injuring him.

What an arse. She looks like a beautiful dog :(

I've had a really good concussion (diagnosed) from an accidental collision between labrador skull and my cheekbone .. my fault .

I was scraping bot eggs off my horses leg one day and then bang, I must have worked my way in front of him without realising it and he lifted his leg and POW, head and knee collision. I remember waking up on the ground, him still standing there quietly nuzzling my hair, and me with a huge lump on my forehead and a whopper of a headache.

My own stupid fault.

Yes very sad. :( I hope the petition is successful.

I think there's a lesson here for all of us even though Australians are a little less litigious. And that is when at all possible to stop people who approach your dog. For example, my westies are very 'attractive' to children who often run towards them. I've got into the habit of yelling 'stop' at the child and putting my hand up. I then discuss with the parent what I'm doing and most importantly why I'm doing it, before said child is allowed to approach. Most parents appreciate my efforts. And even then it still makes me nervous. There but the grace of dog go all of us. :(

Signed and shared on FB I truly don't understand some people, obviously the guy liked dogs or he wouldn't have gone to pat her. Honestly why do people feel they have the right to pat your dog without permission. :mad Everything crossed this girl gets her reprieve.

how sad :(

i have also been headbutted, once by a greyhound, i woke up with him jumping all over me trying to get me to play :laugh: and i had a door slammed into my head and was knocked out again by a bull Terrier. I opened the door and stepped forward just as she jumped on it!

sometimes accidents do just happen

Edited by Teebs