Needy Paws Rescue

Hi Maree,

They're a group who have organised to promote dogs at Griffith Pound and help them get rescue. Most are former members of another well-known rescue group (edited to remove name) and some have joined BFPR.

Janey

Edited by JaneyA

I do worry when new groups pop up all over the place and they don't do their rescue on DOl but on facebook.

They say on FB that they have got x amount of dogs out of Griffith Pound but some are moving on to other rescue groups, they are also asking for help with transport costs, if they are being transported to other groups, the group that the dog is going to pays for the transport. :confused:

Edited by keetamouse

Does being on DOL make things legitimate???

There is a whole world out there away from DOL.

I understand what you mean. And asking here if you aren't a facebooker is fine too. They do pop up overnight, could be good could be bad... who decides. Dol is where people come when they can't get answers on FB because things can't be instantly deleted with the press of a button. :)

This new group are not technically rescue..

They do not take into foster homes but assist with direct adoption through the pound.. They do not currently have a 16D exemption..

Their hearts are in the right place but as a new group they could definitely benefit with some guidance from other rescue groups.

This new group is dedicated to Griffith pound and are a good contact for any animals located there.

They actually do have a large foster care network of family and friends helping to house animals so are taking a large amount into foster care as well. Most have very little rescue experience past a couple of months. A pet shop operator/dog breeder, some renting/working on farms, others in town and villages surrounding Griffith so a wide network.

Edited by pikespooches

CPR have been rescuing the smalls from Griffith for approx 2 years and would like to continue as I have had quite a few needing dentals and knee surgery so am extremely worried that if these dogs are not vet worked because of the large costs involved that these smalls may be PTS.

There is not a concern for Needy Paws to take all the dogs from Griffith thinking that they will be PTS as I have said there are the groups who have the experience and knowledge and the clause 16(d) who have been doing this for years and I am fortunate that I can afford to do the major vet work.

If they are involved in direct adoption from the pound my concern is that they will not be desexed etc, do we know if Needy Paws will be getting the vet work done :confused::confused:

Maree

CPR

Edited by keetamouse

Hi Everyone

If you have questions about Needy Paws it might be a good idea to actually contact us and ask before you post on this forum. Certain comments have been made that will now be refered for legal advice and action. Some of us were part of another rescue group however our differences were great and could not be resolved. Our main focus is to work with Griffith City Council and we have the full support of the Compliance department and its rangers.

We are a group of people who have a wealth of combined experience with dogs and as rescurers. We are well versed in what is required - we have arrangements in place with a vet and we pay for any vet work animals needs out of our own pockets. We do not generally adopt dogs out but if this were to happen appropriate vet work would be organised.

We have temp carers that care for animals from the pound until transport is organised. These carers have appropriate expereince and facilities to care for dogs.

Maree - do you really think that as people who are concerned for the welfare of animals that we would allow any animals to suffer and not seek the services of a vet or at least have the animal put out of its misery if needed? Thanks for signing the death warrant on the Rotti in Wagga Pound by the way - perhaps if people kept their dogs off the street as the law requires them to do the incident would not have occured. There was no evidence of aggression with this dog while it was in Griffith Pound, nor while it was being transport nor while it was with the people who took it until it was provoked by a dog on the street. My little foster dog tried to take on a new dog in the yard yesterday - do you suggest that I have her destroyed as well?

If anyone of you want to believe everything you read that is fine - however if you would like phone numbers to talk to us please inbox me. Can I ask - were any of the people posting here going to take any of the 12 dogs we saved from Griffith Pound this weekend? No they would have died.

Edited by kenreb

I have no idea who you are, but wow, very threatening comments. :(

Do all your dogs get desexed before they are rehomed?

We are simply sick to death of the accusations that are flying around about us and what we do. If we were to adopt any animal then appropriate vet work is organized. We arrange for other larger organizations to take the dogs and we organize transport.

Hi Everyone

Certain comments have been made that will now be refered for legal advice and action.

:rolleyes: Oh please. Haven't you got more important things to worry about?

Yes we do - like saving dogs

You might find that being less dismissive and combative would get you further when working with the established 'saving dogs' network. :)

I have no idea who you are, have never heard of you or any apparent rumors. But the way you've posted here has given a certain impression.

Just saying.

Hi Everyone

Certain comments have been made that will now be refered for legal advice and action.

Sorry but I have to comment. I am sick to death of people "seeking legal advice and action". Please...get over it.

Just set the record straight and move on.

We will become like america with all this crap.

I have just returned from Kenya where people are more concerned about finding clean water to drink for their children and a good job is one that pays $4 per day. My driver explained the reason he did not wear his seatbelt, was to stay alive if he was carjacked.

Get over it folks and look to make this world better. Lawyers are the only ones who make money from an "action".

Didn't answer my question, do you desex, or are you just pulling dogs and sending them all over?

No we do not desex the dogs that go to other rescue groups - they do that - the dogs go to other recognized and well known animal rescue groups.

Hi Everyone

Sorry but I have to comment. I am sick to death of people "seeking legal advice and action". Please...get over it.

I have just returned from Kenya where people are more concerned about finding clean water to drink for their children and a good job is one that pays $4 per day. My driver explained the reason he did not wear his seatbelt, was to stay alive if he was carjacked.

Get over it folks and look to make this world better. Lawyers are the only ones who make money from an "action".

We would like nothing better than to be left alone to get on with it - that unfortunately is not happening - we did not start this forum posting - people are making assumptions and accusations without even bothering to talk to us first.

Hi Everyone

If you were going through what we are going through with people who are involved in animal rescue you would understand how and why we are very upset