Flyball Nationals 2012

Nope not this year, kind of wish we were now though. It just did not seem worth the time, travel and $$s with me only running one small dog now :(.

Have a great time though everyone that is going :).

Good luck everyone!! Hope it is heaps of fun.

And hope we dont have to stand in a thunderstorm trying to stop the gazebo from flying away!!!!!

:rofl: See, there is a reason we don't play flyball any more.

Or get stuck on the side of the road with a flat tyre and have to rely on the charity of new found friends...........

Oh - if you do, don't suggest leaving the girls their to wait while they guys go and get the tyre fixed. ;)

if you do, don't suggest leaving the girls their to wait while they guys go and get the tyre fixed. ;)

Never ever gunna let me live that down are you!!!!!

Oh and my grand plan was to go to the pub!!!

Nope - the one thing I have one you! Now that you mention the pub - hmmmmmm.....maybe I was a little hasty - they could have locked the car doors!

• 3 weeks later...

Too tired to type much but this is what I put on facebook :)

Home from an exhausting weekend of flyball racing at the nationals at Canberra Show. Had some great scallywag successes- Cannonballs (Link's Team) were comfortably leading Division 1 after yesterday's racing but the heartbreaking decision had to be made this morning to withdraw the team as 3 of them had severely ripped their pads, some of the worst I have ever seen, and at the end of the day it wasn't worth risking further injury for the sake of a national's title. I have so much respect for Tammy, Lisa, Linda and Jan for putting their dogs health first and standing up and making the responsible decision.

Scallywags 1 (Charlie) managed 3rd place in Div 3 and had some really good racing over the weekend. Not bad for a team that is still learning to run together. Scallywags 2 came 2nd in Div 10 with some great personal successes for their dogs. Well done to Lexie for some great full runs, Floyd for running even when his family was still in Sydney, and to Kyra for retiring on a high with a beautiful last run :)

Frankston came first in Div 6!!! In the end we ended up 10 wins to 2 loses.

Very proud, my little girl was height dog and after a rocky start when in the first race she decided the BC in the other lane had "her" ball she chased him not once but twice so was red carded first race! She had never ever ever done that before not even during training so no idea what got into her little head :laugh:

After that she was rested two races till we were on a side that she turned away from the other dog and then she was fine, like it never happened! Ran flawlessly after that thank God.

Very proud, it was only her third comp so alot of the events of the day were brand new too her but she went so well. :D

Proud is an understatement

First I am proud of our team. OK we didn't win or even come second but we ran up to our seed time over and over, our passes were spot on, our dog were all healthy at the end of Sunday and to put it in a nut shell we ran as fast as we could possibly run, and we didnt really argue over the finer points.... So well done AP2 I was proud to run with you guys!!!

Secondly my little rescue dog Billie.... She ran as start dog for 2 days as well as singles on friday. She was consistent the whole time (and this was only her second serious comp) we got a 0.02 and a 0.06 start (close but no hat badge)but was regularly under .1 and impressed me with 4.7 runs right up until Sunday afternoon.

Well done to the organizers it ran soo smoothly for an open ring format and considering the way the show society and security guards treated the flyballers the organizers did an amazing job of pulling it off!!! Well done and thanks

oh and i guess i should mention AP1 that came second in div 2 well done guys... I was not allowed to run Cooper this year or they may have done better!!!!!

Edited by Bull Arab

It was ran very well I agree, the ground however was disgusting. Not a place for a National. I didn't realise that's where it usually is as the last time I was there it was on the oval (found out on the weekend it was because of the equine flu and no horses), and it was beautiful there.

I didn't realise that was you DeltaCharlie, I overheard a group of people talking about ripped pads because of the grounds on the Sunday morning before racing....made me go check all our dogs pads that's for sure!

We have local comps that have better grounds is all I am saying.

My only other complaint was the vetting on the first day. It was done extremely rough and I had to stop him from trying as he was upsetting her too much. A little better understanding of dog behaviour wouldn't have gone astray.

Second day vetting was alot better and nicer, perhaps because a lady was doing it and knew how to handle bitches :p

Does anyone know if there was a professional photographer at all?

Edited by tollersowned

Tailwag was also there as a photographer when she wasn't in the ring with Link, she is currently going through her photos and they will be up soon :)

I agree, the grounds were horrible. We swore 3 years ago that we would never do flyball there again and that wonderful word "nationals" took over our minds and we decided to enter.

Thanks for the photographer links/tips, fingers crossed Tailwag got some of Jovi as I am looking for a really nice one to make larger.

Some good ones on the pinnicle site but more options wouldn't be bad!

Can you please post the link DC when she has them up?