Dog Bites On Tv

oakway

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think she could have gotten anymore in that poor dogs face if she tried. Her hands were all over the dog's face - stoopid woman. I'd bite her too if she got that close to me and stuck her dirty hands all over my mouth.

Was she going in for a kiss?

1. this dog had been through a very stressful ordeal the day before and been exposed to LOTS of media attention.

2. next day dog is hauled off by owner into totally unfamilair environment and "confronted"

so given this a. Owner needs to be fined for stupidity. b. TV reporter needs to wake up to herself for stupidity to even agreeing to do this interview so soon after this event. :mad

and finally now dog looks like being put down for "attacking" so the authorities hopefully will look at whole situation with a dog behavourist on board.

Mind you this particular breed 'Argentine Dogo' (not sure if it is crossed with Mastiff or reporter doesn't know their dog breeds)are bred for hunting and without proper control will take action if 'faced off' with anything.

Banned breed for importation into Australia.

Edited by zeebie

Exactly! The dog was clearly stressed too. The owner had a good hold of him so I'm not sure why he would be fined, the woman went into the dogs space, what else was he surposed to do. Hopefully the silly cow will see the error of her ways and admit fault so the dog is left alone!

Poor dog. Why would anyone put their nose on the nose of a strange dog? Many dogs would snap in this situation. It was a warning snap not an attack and perfectly normal dog behaviour.

Chasing coyotes, breaking leash law, no rabies vaccination, fell through ice in a pond, and then exposed to a TV interview by someone who doesn't know much about dogs. I'd say the owner is a bigger idiot than the TV anchor.:mad Would be interesting to know where in Colorado this happened.

unbelieviable. he had his dog by the collar. and she stuck her face right in his?

his whole massage was get outa my face. with a mouth that big he could have taken her face off regardless of his ownder holding the collar...........n the dog is to be put down...not the idiot stuffing her face into his space?????????

People really are idiots. Don't get in a strange dog's face!! :mad

+1

She was most likely eyeballing it, anyone who has any clue at all about dogs should know not to do this to a dog they don't know extrememly well! And now the poor dog is likely to be PTS. Stupid woman!

Stupid owner for allowing it to happen. Seems to me neither of them had much of a clue.

What kind of idiot tries to kiss a strange dog!!! I mean seriously, who in their right mind does that?

Lot's of people!

I was once walking my BT and a woman approached cooing and baby talking to him and dropped to her knees and started kissing him on the face! Just as I started to say "I wouldn't do that, he is wary of strangers" he had a little snap at her. Fortunately he did not connect but it did scare her and she backed away and apologised to me for 'being so stupid'.

My husband is not from a 'dog' family. He basically had no clue about how to behave with dogs and I have on many occasions told him off for approaching a dog in the wrong way and also having to tell him to 'back off' certain dogs as it is clear to me they don't want him to pat them but he just can't see it. I'm surprised he has not been bitten TBH.