Litter Due In April 2012

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Miley delivered two stillborn puppies last night :cry: I have know idea why this has happened but it is devastating.Cheers Sharon

Jackofhearts I am so sorry to hear this - I went back to ready your posts over the past week and you were concerned a few days ago because Miley had got smaller in size. HUgs to you Sharon and your special girl xx

some sad news in here today, so sorry for all those who lost wee ones :(

My girl seems to be getting Mastitis..her boobs are rock and lumpy. Ive started giving her some antibiotics and have twice today wrapped cabbage leaves over her boobs while she was outside for 20 mins and pups were asleep. Shes still feeding well, and eating well, but they feel AWEFUL...

Anyother ideas?

Is ther any easier way to keep the leaves on her boobs? Ive bandaged them on..could I make a poutice or somthing and put it in muslin to fit over better? Idea?

So sorry to hear of the losses of pups! Missymoo, when my girls have lumpy, hot sore boobs, I put very warm washes(as warm as was possible & safe) on their boobs while the pups are actually on feeding, I have only had to do it for a few feeds and then it seems to right itself. One of my girls each litter got very sore, lumpy boobs, but it never developed into mastitis. Good luck.

Beautiful babies experienced fun - I could sit there for hours looking at their little feet and little white tail tipsthumbsup1.gif Are you keeping one?

With due date today - I got home yesterday to be met by my girl throwing a ball at me, then every time I even looked like I might be heading out the back she took off to find her ball. Temp this morning was "normal" so guessing pups might still be a while awaybiggrin.gif

some sad news in here today, so sorry for all those who lost wee ones :(

My girl seems to be getting Mastitis..her boobs are rock and lumpy. Ive started giving her some antibiotics and have twice today wrapped cabbage leaves over her boobs while she was outside for 20 mins and pups were asleep. Shes still feeding well, and eating well, but they feel AWEFUL...

Anyother ideas?

Is ther any easier way to keep the leaves on her boobs? Ive bandaged them on..could I make a poutice or somthing and put it in muslin to fit over better? Idea?

Cut the legs of a pair of panty hose(or maybe your little girls tights since cairns are weeny small :D ) and put around her tummy with pads between the cabbage and the pantyhose to give a bit more support to the leaves.

I learnt this from BilboBaggins when we had a shocking mastitis last year :D love DOL