Litter Due In April 2012

Bilbo Baggins

OSS, I too feed my gals and wean my babies on Black Hawk adult...did it last time, will do it again, great food :)

My gal has started giving me the ' what's this crap' look..lol she now prefers to have nice stuff mixed in (read, chicken, sardines or mushy can food..), with her black hawk... Are pregnant bitches, so fickle...lol

Edited by Missymoo

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

our X-ray was about $120 I think at Monash Vet so not really that cheap but I like to know what i'm in for especially with being inexperienced when it comes to whelping. They do the x-rays awake...my girl just laid down on her side; its quick and easy!

Love the xray it is so obvious how many are there...good luck with the litter.

I dont prog test, I dont xray and I dont ultrasound.....unless there appears to be a problem.

I have been lucky and *touch wood* only ever had one ceasar which happened to be a shepherd who decided to whelp just before a kids birthday party and then had troubles....made for a very interesting day.

I like things to be as natural as possible and apart from the obvious of not taking the bitches out around strange dogs during pregnancy I treat them exactly as I do when not in whelp. I split their meals in two at around 7 weeks (or when they are starting to struggle with eating a whole meal) and I add calcium and change to puppy dry.

I cant believe after about 5 years I am having another litter and looking forward to it. I have been looking at Bree who is nearly six months and is a 3/4 sister to this litter and another litter just born who are very close to this breeding and I am really EXCITED.

I will take pics of Maddy today and post them up we have 12 days to go

I like Xrays about a week before she is due, the spine and scull is well formed. Also I have a good idea how many pups are there - like Experienced fun I split her feeds into two a day for the last 2 weeks. No bones wet feed - stew plus biccies, brewers years and calcium in her feed. Softer feed rather than more feed. Lara is well sacked up and still 10 days to go - 8 plus puppies anticipated - getting excited now :)

Good luck Taupa and experiencefun - not long for either of you now and thanks for your thoughts on the x-ray and what you do with the feeding as you get closer to delivery.

I think I would like to go down the path of having an x-ray so I know how many to expect and when she has finished delivering - but doubt very much she would lay still enough to have it done. Spoke to the vet who is prepared to give it a go so will see - have still got a couple of weeks before I have to make a final decision.

Good luck Taupa and experiencefun - not long for either of you now and thanks for your thoughts on the x-ray and what you do with the feeding as you get closer to delivery.

I think I would like to go down the path of having an x-ray so I know how many to expect and when she has finished delivering - but doubt very much she would lay still enough to have it done. Spoke to the vet who is prepared to give it a go so will see - have still got a couple of weeks before I have to make a final decision.

My Lara lies on her back all the time and especially when pregnant - I rub her belly and she will totally relax and sleep on the xray table and xrays can be taken without anaesthetic - I just have to hold her shoulders so she doesnt roll in her sleep on the table :rofl: