Dog Product

Lifecanbeadream

I came to thinking while washing the dogs the other night; this stuff smells so good I wouldn't mind trying it myself...(I was using Isle of Dog). I've heard of people using their dog products as an emergency, not something that had even crossed my mind before.

Just wondering who's tried what, and if it's any good on our hair :)

;) A friend bathed and groomed her dogs at my house recently Using I.O.D shampoo and I thought the same thing about how it smelt......the dogs coats were so shiny

Ummm might have to invite her back and steal some.

Back in the 50's we used Timid Joe Dog Soap on the dogs and us :eek: It was a tar based shampoo and made your hair smell nice and also shine....so I am thinking IOD should be fine on humans too.

My daugher unwittling tried some (I used an empty human shampoo bottle to dilute some of my groomers shampoo when washing my crew and left it on the side of the bath and she grabbed it by mistake.) She didn't whinge too loudly so I guess no major problems with having used it. It was either the royal jelly or the one with evening primrose oil so I wouldn't imagine it would have any bad side effects on humans.

Do they still make Timid Joe Kadbury? Thats a blast from the past. I've heard of a couple who use Plush Puppy - obviously started as an emergency/accident and they still use it lol. I just can't go past the smell of I.O.D :)

Wonder how the Chris Christenson products like Gold on Gold or Black on Black would go ..... The possibilities are endless lol

Do they still make Timid Joe Kadbury? Thats a blast from the past. I've heard of a couple who use Plush Puppy - obviously started as an emergency/accident and they still use it lol. I just can't go past the smell of I.O.D :)

Wonder how the Chris Christenson products like Gold on Gold or Black on Black would go ..... The possibilities are endless lol

I am sure I saw some Timid Joe's on my travels - in a pet store somewhere while I was doing some retail therapy.

Is it a specific IOD shampoo that you love the smell of? When my puppy arrived following a long journey she still smelt really good so I contacted the breeder to find out what she used (Aloveen). Nice smell to have under your nose when sharing a bed.

I am sure I saw some Timid Joe's on my travels - in a pet store somewhere while I was doing some retail therapy.

Is it a specific IOD shampoo that you love the smell of? When my puppy arrived following a long journey she still smelt really good so I contacted the breeder to find out what she used (Aloveen). Nice smell to have under your nose when sharing a bed.

Timid Joe still very much available, I have a few older people that come in to buy it, younger ones don't know about it and generally won't use a cake of soap. It is great on dogs with itchy skin, after all people use Coal Tar shampoos for psoriasis, sometimes the old remedies are the best. Any one know if you can still get Rawleighs Salve, "good for man and beast" I seem to remember was its catch cry.

Timid Joe still very much available, I have a few older people that come in to buy it, younger ones don't know about it and generally won't use a cake of soap. It is great on dogs with itchy skin, after all people use Coal Tar shampoos for psoriasis, sometimes the old remedies are the best. Any one know if you can still get Rawleighs Salve, "good for man and beast" I seem to remember was its catch cry.

Pretty sure you still can get that product - I still have a can of Medicated ointment in the medicine chest - I can check it out if you are interested as Raleigh's Healthcare are exhibitors at the Seymour Alternative Expo being held this weekend.

Given that dogs skin is more sensitive than peoples it couldn't hurt could it.

Safe enough.

Many good dog shampoos are very gentle on the coat and skin, yet have a good cleansing action.

However, it is inadvisable to exchange human shampoos for the dogs' product.

Many cheaper and supermarket dog shampoos are rebottled human shampoos and are not recommended.

They will damage your dog’s coat and skin.

Regards

Px

I switch around shampoos and conditioners quite a bit.

In between shows I use dog shampoo on the dogs, but before I show I use a human conditioner as it makes his hair much silkier than any dog conditioner I have used.

For myself, I admit to using the dogs medicated ones on myself before... I figure it couldn't hurt, I mean I get it on my hands when I am washing them in it so why not try it on my scalp... helped my itching :D

Raleighs still make the Salve although now the tin no long has "good for man and beast" printed on it. They have a shampoo and conditioner in their range too.