Yoghurt

judy69

Hi guys I want my Chi to have some yoghurt everyday but I cant get him to eat the natural ones. I actually gave him some of the Jalna vanilla yoghurt today and he polished this off no worries. Is it ok to give dogs flavoured yoghurt instead of just natural??

I agree sugary ones every day is probably a bit much.

I feed the Jalna natural one - a big dollop mixed in with his brekky (Ok...and maybe a bit on the spoon if he looks at me extra-adoringly :laugh:

If he won't the the natural one straight up...maybe you could wean him on to it? Mix 50/50 with the Vanilla that he likes for a few days.. then 2/3 1/3 until it's just the Natural one?

Edited by NOCTRL

My boys get natural yoghurt mixed up with sardines (which they love) ... and then frozen. Yummy hot weather treat. Sometimes I freeze a smacko in them as a handle.

Maybe try natural yoghurt with some fresh fruit mashed/grated/cut up in it ... if they like fruit ;)

I have recently added natural yoghurt into Oscar's diet, as well as cottage cheese. I normally put in a spoon full of each a night and mix it through his dry food thoroughly. I also add in something else most nights, whether it be eggs, vegies, tuna, sardines, salmon etc. I would just maybe introduce in a small amount to begin with? Just make sure it is mixed in well also :thumbsup:

Thanks for all your replies. I have tried mixing it in his meat but he still wouldnt eat it.

I think I will try Noctrl's suggestion and try and get him to eat the natural one by mixing it into his vanilla one. I can only try :)

Thanks again guys

I find some natural yogurts have a more sour/tangy taste than others. Our tibbie can be fussy and won't eat the tangy varieties.

Mita suggested Vaalia Natural (not the low fat one) and he loves it as it's creamy and mild tasting.

I chop up apple, mix it with yoghurt and freeze it and it keeps my pup amused for a while when it's hot. If there are certain foods she won't eat in her dinner, I find if I start using it as a treat she starts to love it. Reverse psychology!

I do find even a small amount makes her poo runny though, so perhaps she has some lactose issues.

Edited by minimax

My goldie loves greek yoghurt, even more so when it's passionfruit, I usually leave her a little bit in the tub and some up the sides and it keeps her entertained for about 15 minutes. Then she licks it clean and the contained entertains her for another 10 until it cracks and gets taken off her