Names

biker girl

Cool thread!

Rumor - A female comic book character that I love. He was initially supposed to be a she which is why I had the "girl" name already picked out :laugh:

(possible puppy names)

Dovah - Dovahkiin, which means Dragonborn in the dragon language used in the game Skyrim.

Lilacpants - Completely random name I came up with whilst naming a Unicorn in the game, The Sims.

Unuscornu - Supposedly means Unicorn in Latin.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spartan - named after Sparky and Tansy

James - Nothing really just think it suits an english setter

Ariane - apparently (in a name book) it was a german name and means "silvery" so even if that isn't true, it's perfect for a Weimaraner

Lulu - named after the character Lulu from True Jackson VP (Nikolodeon kids show!)... Lulu comes across quite dumb, but is actually rather smart.

Xena is truly the warrior princess.

CK is a big girl's blouse and was named after Calvin Klein (he is a true designer dog - our first pedigree pup so he had to have a designer name).

Wikki was going to be the wicked witch of the west (she is from Perth), but as it turns out she is more Wikipedia than a witch.

Sparkles was named by myself and 3 of my daughters. What else would you call a small, white fluffy puppy?

I named our black and tan mini dash for hubby, Chilli, because she is a sausage dog. I have since moved several times and in the suburb we are in now, there is another, black and tan, same age with the same name! :D

Currently we have Lili, named after my grandmother, and Mosley, named after the OH's favourite boxer.

In the past we had "Coloured" - a name my little brother gave his guinea pig because as he said at age 4 "she's coloured"....she was, can't argue with that :laugh: He also had a duck which he called "Plunker" :confused: .....strange one my brother...

Kodiak cos she was a fluffy little brown bear

Doofus cos, well it makes sense if you meet him (he was buddy when we got him but everyone kept saying 'you are such a doofus, buddy!' so I took the advice and fixed his name) :laugh:

Turtle is Darwin, cos of all the turtles that got eaten on Darwin's voyage

Bearded dragon is Komodo cos I ran out of dinosaur names

For me, I name them after another animal, or just something that makes me laugh

My current girl is Cleo, OH wanted Shyla and I just felt that a little girl dalmatian wasn't "Shyla" so out of the blue I suggested Cleo (having known a leopard seal once also called Cleo - long story) and it stuck. She's not a Cleopatra though, although she acts like a little queen sometimes.

I've also had a Nala (rotti x lab), I was about 5 and the Lion King was and still is my favourite movie. I hope to use this name again =]

Also had Coco (kelpie x husky) who was a red (brown) and tan beauty, didn't want to call her Milo, so Coco it was.

Got 6 cockatiels too...

Ruby - has ruby red eyes

Pheonix - just love that name and its unisex

Squeak - squeaks instead of biting when trying to bite

Cassia - means "cinnamon", his colouring

Whitney - she has a white face

aaannndd

Littlefoot - has huge feet.

The bullies-

Rogue- after the xmen character

King- well he came with his name, didn't get to choose!

Sushi- cause I love to eat sushi lol

Mason- just liked the name

The cat-

Squid- my OH is weird, he started calling the cat squid as a kitten and it stuck lol.

Kenzie - I wanted a Scottish name and it means something along the lines of son of the handsome one even though it is a unisex name and I've used it on a girl!!! And she is a gorgeous girl!!!!

My old girl who is no longer with me was called Emma, that's the name she came with, but it means whole or universal - and that actually suited her to a tee as she really was the whole package for the 3.5 years she was with me.

Cats - Oliver (it just suited him!) and Poppet (no one would let me call him stinky Minky so he was cute as a little poppet!!)

Elvis - My Mum named him after you know who.

Tinny (Tin Tin) - Was named after the comic book/ cartoon dog.

Harri - Just a random name we picked.

Dawes (Dawesey) - After Chris Dawes from Collingwood. Seems i could not call a girl Franklin after Buddy Franklin :laugh:.

Clover was named after the little Poodle in the Flowers in the Attic books.

My 3 were already named when I got them but I do know the stories behind them...

Prada - After The devil wears Prada. She was born just after the movie came out.

Brody - They had a dog named Cody living with them for a while and when Cody left and the new pup came they kept accidentally calling the new pup Cody... Thus Brody was named as it sounded similar.

Cyrus - was already named. His sisters name was Miley, you do the math :laugh:

My next pup will either be Arwen from Lord of the Rings, Forte from an anime I like or knowing my luck I'll get another older dog that is already named again :laugh:

My BC girl pack, all named by DH:

Maddie, aka Maddison, our farm at the time was on East Maddison's road.

KC, named by my husband who also got spotlights for his 4wd the same day brand "KC hilites"

Gael, as both her parents were scottish imports.

OH's gundog puppy named by me:

Scout, from the book "to kill a mockingbird", but also for scouting ahead etc, as a hunting dog does.

My favourite name and reason for the name is my cat Essie. I named her Esther after my passed-away Great-Auntie Esther. When I was was doing some genealogy research several years ago I asked Mum about Esther and she said "Oh well you know she was a crazy cat lady, she had TONS of cats". Wow I thought, tons?? Like 50? So how many cats did this crazy cat lady have? THREE :rofl: anyway I hope she is chuffed I named my kitty in her memory :)

Edited by CaseyKay