Rant From A P*ssed Off Show Secretary

Rebanne

well I am off to Canberra Royal shortly and the message on my phone has been changed to I am not taking any calls about the shows until Monday. Ring me back on Monday.

wonder how many will still leave me a message?

I much prefer email as well but rarely get one.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I am off to Canberra Royal shortly and the message on my phone has been changed to I am not taking any calls about the shows until Monday. Ring me back on Monday.

wonder how many will still leave me a message?

I much prefer email as well but rarely get one.

Good luck in Canberra. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I far prefer email, because that way I can get to it in my own time and both the exhibitor and I have a record of what was agreed.

I can't remember when I last had to contact a show secretary ( touch wood..LOL)

I'd prefer to email if I had to ... having said that, a quick check of the current Dogs Vic gazette

shows NO email addresses on any schedules ... so do most show secretaries prefer phone calls ??

Brilliant, was it easy to find? I find the VCA website quite hard to navigate.

eta maybe I should make some copies and put in the return address envelopes of the people who obviously can't be bothered to do it correctly. :rofl:

Unfortunately, this still doesn't say about cutting the forms to the correct size! I was lucky, because at my first show the catalogue said "entry forms must be trimmed to correct size" and I texted a more experienced showie going "what do I have to do!??"

well if I decide to do it again next year I will have that and more in the schedule: entry forms must be filled in correctly and trimmed to the correct size and maybe the link to the sample. Though the same ones will continue to do as they please. Wonder what they will do if clubs stop holding shows cause they can't find a person stupid enough to be the show secretary.

You are an awesome show sec. Reb... what with your maps and other helpful info, all wonderful ideas :thumbsup:

While I am at it, if you see this, please do not worry about posting out my numbers, as you know I am not coming, so save the postage, all good :D

Best of luck in Canberra :)

Edited by dyzney

I have forgot to put the class a couple of times and been put into Open automatically... No biggie.

I didn't even know you could print your own entry forms out??? I just buy the entry books from the pet store in town and fill them out.

I haven't done it yet but I know my mum has got the envelopes mixed up a few times and ended up putting the show envelope on the inside and her self addressed one on the outside, then wondered why her entry cam back to her the next day :rofl:

It must be very frustrating dealing with people who aren't considerate for the poor show secretaries.

Quite a few years ago now, I witnessed on show secretary who must have had enough of an exhibitor not cutting their entries to size and gave them their numbers on A3 sheets - LOL - so funny.

It must be very frustrating dealing with people who aren't considerate for the poor show secretaries.

Quite a few years ago now, I witnessed on show secretary who must have had enough of an exhibitor not cutting their entries to size and gave them their numbers on A3 sheets - LOL - so funny.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That is very funny. I am quite sure the point would have been effectively made :)

I made a mistake last show I went to by not ordering a show catalouge for each day of the two day show. I felt a right twit when I got handed one and asked where the other one was to be told you only ordered and paid for this one. In my defense I had done up 14 entries for the two dogs for the two days for all the shows, obedience agility and jumpers. I was just pleased I got them in their correct classes really :) The shows were essentially the same bar two dogs I think.

That is a classic. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Can someone pls explain the 'cut to size' business? I have just got forms to print out is there a max min issue or something? Previously II had bought from DogsNSW.

Meea

When you print it, it comes out on a A4 sheet. So you just cut it to the edges of the form.

you should be able to fit 2 to a A4 and yes cut around the form. 26cms long 9cms wide

When I first started showing again four years ago I downloaded my Entry form from the Dogzvic website and all the info was included as you typed that in first. When I showed my Schipperke in the 1980's I had cheque book style forms. Easy.

Anyway, I CUT IT OUT, and still copped abuse from a show Secretary :swear: as the form was not the correct size!!! :(

It was about an inch higher and an inch and a half longer.

So then I photo copied the form sent to me by Dogsvic and made a master copy leaving the class, signature and Show details blank to be filled in each time.

I love being able to do an Oz entry but it does cost a bit more too.

Recently a lovely Show Secretary rang me because I had left out the class number for one of my three dogs. :o

Thanks lovely Show Secretary. :thanks:

The WA forms fit 3 on an A4 page. And the template on their website has it 3 on the page...

Hmm, might need to go look at the Vic forms for when we go over there as it sounds like the WA ones will be the wrong size :eek:

The 3 to an A4 page is the correct (official) size.

However there is not an entry form available that contains the correct information as required by the ANKC Regulations Part 8 6.2. I know because I having been trying to update the current form for use by my members. If there are any geniuses in MS Word formatting out there, I could certainly use your help.

Graham

The WA forms fit 3 on an A4 page. And the template on their website has it 3 on the page...

Hmm, might need to go look at the Vic forms for when we go over there as it sounds like the WA ones will be the wrong size :eek:

The 3 to an A4 page is the correct (official) size.

However there is not an entry form available that contains the correct information as required by the ANKC Regulations Part 8 6.2. I know because I having been trying to update the current form for use by my members. If there are any geniuses in MS Word formatting out there, I could certainly use your help.

Graham

so what are the measurements of the WA form? I measured a chequebook style entry form from Victoria.