Rant From A P*ssed Off Show Secretary

Rebanne

This is not a rant - but thought that it may amuse the readers!!! LOL

Got a phone call this afternoon (28th Feb) "Was I still taking entries for Yarra Glen shows on 18th March?"

Reply - "You mean Yarra Glen shows this Sunday (4th March)?"

Caller - "No, the 18th March. That is the date in the gazette"

Reply - "The shows are on this Sunday! That is when I am going, and that is what the catalogue says"

Caller - "No - the 18th! That is the date in the gazette"

Reply - "Don't think so! The shows are on this Sunday"

Caller - "Oh - sorry, I am looking at a 2007 gazette"

Reply - "Well, you are too late for that show too"

I hung up - still shaking my head, but smiling as well!!!!

I have to admit this is the first time I have had this experience re late entries, and they were just

a wee bit too late!!! Like 5 years!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 3 to an A4 page is the correct (official) size.

However there is not an entry form available that contains the correct information as required by the ANKC Regulations Part 8 6.2. I know because I having been trying to update the current form for use by my members. If there are any geniuses in MS Word formatting out there, I could certainly use your help.

Graham

Just looked at the WA ones. I wonder if I send them an email they will look at it :laugh: Although I do prefer the wording "...has not been exposed to..." rather than "...has not...been in kennels affected with..."

so what are the measurements of the WA form? I measured a chequebook style entry form from Victoria.

21cm across and approx 9.9cm down (1/3 of an A4 sheet). Link is here: http://www.dogswest.com/Pdfs/Applications/Entry_Form.pdf to see how they are set up, you just cut out each one...

Thanks for the link, I had already checked them out :)

if these are the "offical" size why do other states have different ones GRD? Where is the rule regarding the official size printed?

just curious but wouldn't mind getting 3 entry forms to a sheet of A4

Really confused re sizing now and really dont want THAT show sec telling me off. When I buy preprinted nsw formz there are 4 to a page. When i print out from the template Sway gave me there are 4 to a page. Hmnmn I cld be in trouble if I cut a few cms wrong?

Meea

Really confused re sizing now and really dont want THAT show sec telling me off. When I buy preprinted nsw formz there are 4 to a page. When i print out from the template Sway gave me there are 4 to a page. Hmnmn I cld be in trouble if I cut a few cms wrong?

Meea

Meea I can only speak for myself but the forms that drive me mad are the ones that are self printed and people are too lazy to cut around them leaving centimetres of extra paper. Being near the NSW border I get the different size entry forms from at least 2 different states.

I enter NSW shows using Victorian forms, I am sure NSW secretaries grit their teeth but they are timmed to the correct size for my state and I have never had a problem.

I do like the printed forms as they make life so much easier; as long as they are also legible ie ink cartridge is not on it's last legs. ;)

Again it comes back to every State having the same bloody rules !!

Seriously how hard is it for the ANKC to come up with ONE official form??

About as easy as it is for the states to come up with one set of road rules ;)

Or one education curriculum.

Meea

Meea I can only speak for myself but the forms that drive me mad are the ones that are self printed and people are too lazy to cut around them leaving centimetres of extra paper. Being near the NSW border I get the different size entry forms from at least 2 different states.

I enter NSW shows using Victorian forms, I am sure NSW secretaries grit their teeth but they are timmed to the correct size for my state and I have never had a problem.

I do like the printed forms as they make life so much easier; as long as they are also legible ie ink cartridge is not on it's last legs. ;)

The forms I hv just printed seem to be much the same as those I bought. So I will send them off and DUCK. When I get the cross phone call will this thread serve as evidence of my good intent?

You are all my witnesses!

Meea

Edited for spellunk

Edited by Meea

This is not a rant - but thought that it may amuse the readers!!! LOL

Got a phone call this afternoon (28th Feb) "Was I still taking entries for Yarra Glen shows on 18th March?"

Reply - "You mean Yarra Glen shows this Sunday (4th March)?"

Caller - "No, the 18th March. That is the date in the gazette"

Reply - "The shows are on this Sunday! That is when I am going, and that is what the catalogue says"

Caller - "No - the 18th! That is the date in the gazette"

Reply - "Don't think so! The shows are on this Sunday"

Caller - "Oh - sorry, I am looking at a 2007 gazette"

Reply - "Well, you are too late for that show too"

I hung up - still shaking my head, but smiling as well!!!!

I have to admit this is the first time I have had this experience re late entries, and they were just

a wee bit too late!!! Like 5 years!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

T.A.R.D.I.S. playing up again? ;) :rofl:

I'm another who double/triple checks before posting. Got sick of handwriting so made up a master to photocopy. Breeder went through a period of getting show & obedience titles on both parents and I ran out of room on master. Eventually had time to re-do and then we moved so out of date again! :doh:

I have only had 1 call from a secretary. I entered an obedience trial at a club I used to belong to and knew trial manager, President and most of the instructors so abbreviated breed. Was asked what GSD stood for so have never done that again. Was also informed I hadn't put club on form. Said the club wasn't affiliated but she insisted on knowing the club. After telling her, she rudely told me I couldn't trial under that club ... der!!

However, I appreciated the tough job secretaries do and with the attitude some people have around the ring I understand why they get annoyed. Keep up the good work :thanks:

The WA forms fit 3 on an A4 page. And the template on their website has it 3 on the page...

Hmm, might need to go look at the Vic forms for when we go over there as it sounds like the WA ones will be the wrong size :eek:

The 3 to an A4 page is the correct (official) size.

However there is not an entry form available that contains the correct information as required by the ANKC Regulations Part 8 6.2. I know because I having been trying to update the current form for use by my members. If there are any geniuses in MS Word formatting out there, I could certainly use your help.

Graham

Here is a link to a word formatted one that I use in SA. The SA form has been changing over in the last couple of years. This one is the one that was in the last DogsSA journal. I still have a book of older style entry forms, so I suspect that they will get both lots at shows for a while yet.

Entry form link

edited for clarity

It is in both word and publisher formal. I also don't think there is any way you would get 3 of these on an A4 page.....

Edited by jr_inoz