'dog Killer' Had 'killing Person In Bucket List'

A 16-year-old boy who is accused of killing four dogs has been remanded in custody amid fears that he would try to kill a person.

The ACT Children’s Court was told that police found an entry in the teenager’s “bucket list” on his iPad referring to "killing someone" when they searched his home, the Canberra Times reported.

The boy, who cannot be named, is charged with causing the death of two dogs but he is suspected of killing several others. He allegedly showed friends a video taken on a mobile phone of a dog on fire and also showed them a disembowelled dog by a running track in January.

It is alleged that he told his friends he had strangled the dog after snatching it from a backyard.

On Tuesday police allegedly found dog remains on a vacant grassy area near the boy's home in Northside, Canberra.

Police suspect that more dogs will be located in the area.

The court also heard that the boy was also seen in the early hours of the morning pulling down fence palings at the home of a Canberra teacher.

He allegedly told the teacher he was researching a biology assignment with dogs.

An anonymous source told police that the 16-year-old had threatened to burn down the teacher’s home.

"I have to say that the [alleged] facts of this matter are some of the most concerning facts that I've seen for a long time," Magistrate Karen Fryar said.

She marked the boy as a risk and ordered a forensic mental health assessment report.

The teenager, who had no previous convictions, was remanded in custody and is due in court next month.

The boy’s mother was at court for proceedings.

Source

Poor dogs :( Hurting animals is a sure sign of someone who at some point won't get a thrill from it anymore and will move to people.

To be doing that at 16 shows a pretty messed up head, I hope its something which will change within him with help. If it's hardwired into him I hope he's never let out. :(

Poor dogs :( Hurting animals is a sure sign of someone who at some point won't get a thrill from it anymore and will move to people.

To be doing that at 16 shows a pretty messed up head, I hope its something which will change within him with help. If it's hardwired into him I hope he's never let out. :(

So true and this my first thought too. :(

I started a thread in the cruelty section earlier today. But the link I posted didn't have as much info as the one the OP posted.

I read alot of true crime books and many of these perpetrators start out torturing animals before moving to people....

I wonder how many other's he has tortured and killed prior to being caught?? :(

R.I.P. to the lives he so cruelly took. :cry::rainbowbridge:

What a sick and cruel kid. I feel terrible for the poor dogs who had their lives ended so horribly for his amusement. Clearly the kid is mentally ill - the fact that he took video of the dogs he tortured and showed his friends is just sickening. I sincerely hope that it was one of them who alerted authorities to his activities and that he is never allowed the opportunity to harm another living creature again.

OMG !! Pyschopath in the making. All the tell tail signs :( All those poor dogs he has tortured & killed, then to boost about it. :mad

Obviously this 16 year old has very, very serious issues.I totally agree with you German Shep Fan. We don't need this type of individual in

our society. :cry:

That is awful, and frankly quite terrifying.

Whenever I've seen documentaries on serial killers, one of the most prevalent similarities they all have is that most of them started out killing animals.

Really scary stuff. I'm glad someone has taken notice. This might just save people's lives down the track.

Yet although they can take this into account to refuse him bail, due to the potential for re-offending, they can't imprison him on a profile. Lets hope when he is released, which will be sooner rather than later, he is under some strict supervision... But the system falls down so often.

• 1 month later...