Kepala- March 11

Snout Girl

Hi guys

It seems like forever since we have had a big Kepala, let's try and make March a big catch up for all the doggies!

Will be cross-posting in general as well to see if we can drum up some numbers!

Now, the basics

For anyone who does want to come along, there a few things to know:

1. We are going to have fun and let the dogs have fun (this is a big one!)

2. If your dog is not so good with others, it is ok because there are other runs you can use

3. We want ALL the dogs to have fun, so no humping, fighting etc allowed. And as above there are other runs we can use.

4. The more the merrier

5. Not restricted to DOL members

6. $15.00 PER dog (Sorry, but there is no discount for bringing multiple dogs/puppies, its $15 a dog/puppy. Has been this way since we started).

7. BYO drinks

8. We usually each bring something.

9. I am happy for those who do not bring food to pay $5.00 but i need to know how many are not bringing anything so I can make sure we have enough.

Contact and Location

Kepala Canine Country Club is located next door to Kepala Pet Resort.

We are just off the Calder Hwy, directly opposite the Good Year Thunderdome.

Refer to map below.

Address:

55 Edwards Road, Diggers Rest.

Melways map ref: 3, A1

http://www.kepalak9c.../About%20Us.htm

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

List of dogs

Snout Girl- Bert, Sally and Bruce (and an OH)

Alkhe - Maggie (and probably OH)

List of food

Snout Girl- Zucchihi fritters, sausages, sauce

Alkhe - something sweet, tbc! (open to suggestions also..)

Hey Guys, I think I can come this weekend, our previous plans were cancelled, I just have to discuss with OH. I've also managed to round up some extras. One friend with 2 Border Collies and another friend will bring one of her dogs.

List of dogs

pip1981- Dakota (and human baby, hehe)

Catherine- Sid or Oscar

Janina- Kala and Pepper (puppy)

List of food

pip1981- marinated chicken wings and BBQ necessities

Catherine- T.B.A

Janina- T.B.A

Snout Girl- I haven't been online for a while- I take it Bruce is a new addition?? :)

I think I can make this Kepala. I can only bring Echo with me as Alera has decided to come into season.

List of dogs

Catherine- Sid or Oscar

Evolving - Echo

List of food

Catherine- T.B.A

Janina- T.B.A

Evolving - Bread and rolls.

If i am not rostered on to work i'll come :)

Hey LC, you coming!? :)

Bugger. I've just volunteered to help build new herding facilities at KCC on the 11th, so that's me out. Its one of my free from dog sport and show weekends too, never mind. Have fun.

That's a shame SG, but good luck with the working bee :)

I think I can make this Kepala. I can only bring Echo with me as Alera has decided to come into season.

Yay! Boo to Alera though, and will Bob stay home with her?

Snout Girl- just wondering if you have already booked us in? We have no bookings for this year as yet, but I'm sure they'll let us have our usual deal providing none of our usual runs or BBQ shelter are already taken. I'm happy to call if you haven't already :)

If i am not rostered on to work i'll come :)

Hey LC, you coming!? :)

Bugger. I've just volunteered to help build new herding facilities at KCC on the 11th, so that's me out. Its one of my free from dog sport and show weekends too, never mind. Have fun.

That's a shame SG, but good luck with the working bee :)

Yay! Boo to Alera though, and will Bob stay home with her?

Snout Girl- just wondering if you have already booked us in? We have no bookings for this year as yet, but I'm sure they'll let us have our usual deal providing none of our usual runs or BBQ shelter are already taken. I'm happy to call if you haven't already :)

Hi Pip, if you could call that would be fantastic, I was planning on calling over the weekend but got struck down with a bout of gastro so it completely slipped my mind!

Bruce is our latest addition, a very naughty pug who you will get to meet on Sunday :)

Ok guys, bit of a problem, just called Kepala, and the BBQ area is already booked out on Sunday, also the Lagoon pool isn't available until after 12pm. :(

I'm still happy to go ahead with a shorter meet up, either before or after lunch, but we may only be able to secure one area. What does everyone think??

E.T.A Can't wait to meet Bruce :)

Edited by pip1981

I thought of one more option- in the past, the staff at Kepala have set a gazebo up for us for extra shade in the main run, I could ask that it was set-up for Sunday, and we could just BYO chairs, and have a bring a plate lunch rather than a BBQ?

Ok guys, bit of a problem, just called Kepala, and the BBQ area is already booked out on Sunday, also the Lagoon pool isn't available until after 12pm. :(

I'm still happy to go ahead with a shorter meet up, either before or after lunch, but we may only be able to secure one area. What does everyone think??

E.T.A Can't wait to meet Bruce :)

Travesty! I'm happy to go ahead with a short one too - no idea how long they usually last anyway! After lunch would be best for me, but will drag OH out of bed early if required :laugh:

I thought of one more option- in the past, the staff at Kepala have set a gazebo up for us for extra shade in the main run, I could ask that it was set-up for Sunday, and we could just BYO chairs, and have a bring a plate lunch rather than a BBQ?

Think this sounds good- most people dont use the pool till after lunch anyway so I'm happy with a gazebo, plate and the pool after lunch :)

Think this sounds good- most people dont use the pool till after lunch anyway so I'm happy with a gazebo, plate and the pool after lunch :)

I'll call them in the morning and see what we can come up with :)

I'll call them in the morning and see what we can come up with :)

your a champ :)

If needed I could bring a big table if we were going to bring a plate to share so we had a place to put the food :)

Leo and I will be coming along :)

List of dogs

Catherine- Sid or Oscar

Evolving - Echo

jrm88 - Leo

List of food

Catherine- T.B.A

Janina- T.B.A

Evolving - Bread and rolls.

jrm88- probably some chips or biscuits! (need something easy!)

Ok, great news! Dale (co-owner) has managed to squeeze us in, and reduce the price per dog, as we won't be using the BBQ area!

So, we're booked from 10am-2pm, in a run with a temporary gazebo set-up. The pool will be available between 1 and 1.30pm, and also from 2-2.30pm for anyone that wants it. Dale did say that if the weather is too bad, the gazebo probably won't help, but I said I didn't think we would go ahead if the weather appeared that bad anyway? I know personally, with bubs, I wouldn't be able to come if it was bucketing down and blowing a gale, but we don't mind light showers or wind.

The price will be $10 per dog, and Dale has encouraged us to continue our regular booking, so we don't ever miss out again. He said they're not too bothered with cancellations, as long as we give approx. 1 week's notice, as it's only once a month. He also said if we're ever concerned about not having the original minimum of 10 dogs, don't just cancel, ring up and they will come up with some arrangement!

Snout Girl- if it's easy enough for you to bring a table, that would be great!

I would encourage everyone to bring a chair, just in case.

And, I guess, some of us need to re-think our food ideas...lol

p.s Yay- LEO!:D Hehehe