Rest Easy Valentino

KKDD

My dear old man died today, peacefully in my arms. Rapid onset heart failure ravaged him these last 24 hours, but he hung on so I could give him the final gift of a gentle death.

Valentino, I will miss your dignity, loyalty and courage and your adorable wrinkly knees. You never gave anyone any doubt that you loved me with all your heart. You watched the children grow up and you taught them right from their beginnings, to love dogs. You have been a steady and constant member of the family Val,and you are deeply loved. In your younger days you were a warrior, but more recently you were a smoochy minder of my lap. The cushion looks empty without you snoozing on it mate and I will even miss carrying you up and down the stairs. I hope there are lots of things to bark at and plenty of smells for a long, low dog to follow, wherever it is that great dogs go.

RIP my dear little friend.

post-6647-0-09582500-1330248504_thumb.jpg

Edited by KKDD

Thanks for the kind words. Its nice to be amongst people who understand the depth of grief felt when a pet dies. I was just reminded by a friend, of one of Valentino's defining habits, which I will share.

When he sat down, his front legs weres so short that his willy would be on the ground. So he would often seek out a human foot (visitors were a common target), and park himself over it so his willy would be comfortable and warm resting on the foot. What a charmer.

• 1 month later...

Oh I have only just seen this. So sorry KKDD to hear that Valentino has crossed Rainbow Bridge. He was such a cool little dude! Thinking of you. It's never easy to lose a fur-family member. RIP Valentino :rainbowbridge:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...