Sensitive Back

Jenni87

Hi guys,

I am a little worried about one of my girls. When ever you touch her back, it kind of contracts/twitches like its super sensitive.

I had her at the vet on Saturday as over the last couple of weeks it was from occasional flicker to when ever you touched it would happen. I was wondering if it could be hot spot related as I had read online it cause them to be very sensitive or if she had injured herself (the girls play hard sometimes) but he couldnt find any signs of flea bites, hot spots and put it down to a possible food allergy and not to worry.

The fact it doesnt seem to be getting any better, she hasnt had any food changes and i've covered every inch of her coat for any hidden spots etc with no luck, i am just wondering if there are any other reasons this could be happening and should I get a second opinion? We also have artificial turf in our backyard and the plants have long since been destroyed by the dogs and nothing has changed (wash powder for bedding etc) so dont think its environmental.

I've also stopped play time if looks to be getting a little full on with the wrestling. She doesnt seem to be in pain, and is acting/eating etc normally too.

Any ideas/advice?? :confused:

Thanks !!!

My old dog does that where his spine is sore. He doesn't whimper or cry out but does exactly that.

HE is very stoic as well. When I saw his spinal xrays I wondered how on earth he walked about.

I would be getting her checked by a doggy chiro or bowen person

I took one of mine to the chiro with exactly that problem.

He said it is muscle related and showed me how to massage her to relieve it.

Massage did relieve it to some extent but it is still happening to a lesser extent.

I wouldn't be surprised to find it was related to a back issue but if it is, it is something that the chiro couldn't fix!