Urgent Carer Or Adopter Need For 6 Month

I really need someone who can take on little Priya.

Priya was born at my property on the 25th of July last year. I homed her and her sisters with the stipulation is anything goes wrong I'm to be offered the dogs back.

Priya's owners called me on Wednesday last week saying their circumastances had changed so they can not keep her. I told them to bring her back to me, she arrived here Friday.

My two older dogs have decided they hate her, so I've had to put her in the dog run I've got. Unfortunately for an active dog, it really sucks. She's going mad as I'm not home from 7.30 until 6-7 at night - which means she locked up for that entire time.

She's dexesed, vaccinated, wormed, heartwormed and has graduated puppy pre-school.

If someone has room that could hold her until she can be homed or if someone knows anyone who could adopt her. I'll take some photo's of her tonight, I've only got her baby photos atm. If anyone has the room, I can supply her dog food, she just needs someone who can house her.

Please please help :( I'm really desperate.

She's a border collie x kelpie.

I'm devestated as I was keeping this pup. I then got my job and was talked into rehoming her by my family as I didn't have time to train a pup. We then got our working dog which has filled us to capacity. I've cried every night as I don't know what to do with her. Its not fair to be locked up all the time.

i might know of someone who would be interested can you put her petrescue listing link on here and i can let them know so they can get in contact with you if they are interested. i think they were looking for something in canberra but might be willing to travel for the right dog

Eleni - Priya doesn't have a pet rescue link as I'm not affiliated with any rescue any more. I'll take update photo's of her tomorrow when I get home.

Priya is a typical kelpie pup, a little boisterous when fresh out of the yard, but very well behaved once settled.

Panto - I'll have photo's tomorrow :) Thanks :)

Blue Collie - I'll get some photos when I get home. I've only got her puppy photo currently.

Here's her puppy photo (1 week old). This photo is just to give you guys an idea until I get her updated photo this arvo when I get home. She does have slight tan on the inside of her back legs and is a bit lanky now.

P1010006.jpg

Edited by Everythings Shiny

is she crate trained, what is she like with SWF's

my two are always happy to have visitors to play with , but I have a malt x that is my heart and soul and must be respected by all and sundry :laugh: I work and she would be crated until she learnt the rules , but i can arrange visitors that can stop in and let her out for plays , as they do mine anyway , I am only away from home max 9hrs .

Good fences . agility home , she would be travelling around a bit . If u really are desperate for a foster home , I will be at hillsborough grounds for a trial on sat night , she can meet my crew and see how they get along

I have never fostered before , but Chopper rottix and ricki kelpie are both rescues

I live west sydney thought so dont know how u would sort the possible homes and what not , dont know how all that is done , but i am sure one of the sydney ladies would help me

Chezy - I'm not sure on the crate training, but I did have her crated her at work when she first arrived to me. She whined for a little bit then settled. Priya seems fine with all sorts of dogs, she is submissive if they tell her they're boss. She's honestly very laid back personality wise, she just wants someone who can play with her and someone to love her. If I wasn't away from home 12 hours + a day, I'd keep her myself, I'm devastated I can't keep her, I feel like I'm letting her down.

I think she'd like the travelling and such, and honestly I think she'd make a great agility dog. I took her to herding when she was 6 weeks old and she had a ball. My co-worker taught her at puppy preschool and said she learned very very quickly and apparently loved playing the games etc that the got to pay.

With the potential homes, I think we'd be able to work something out. I'm sure there are people on here who could do yard checks etc.

I can bring her to hillsborough grounds on Sat night/arvo if your interested :)

be happy to meet and poss take her home, she sounds like she will fit in here with us , we go walkies almost every day , training , they come down the paddock with me when I do chores and do a lot of playing . the trial starts at 4 down the back of the grounds , I plan to be there around 2 to set up and let the dogs have a run , if you ask someone to point you in the direction of Choppers mum , they will know who you are looking for , almost every1 knows Chopper i am just his sidekick :laugh: if you know the agility rings , I will most likely set up on the op side of the rings from the building . I can pm you my mob number, but I rarely have it with me at a trial .

oh I didn;t ask if she was housetrained

eta just realised u may want to get me yard checked

Chezy - I'm not sure on the crate training, but I did have her crated her at work when she first arrived to me. She whined for a little bit then settled. Priya seems fine with all sorts of dogs, she is submissive if they tell her they're boss. She's honestly very laid back personality wise, she just wants someone who can play with her and someone to love her. If I wasn't away from home 12 hours + a day, I'd keep her myself, I'm devastated I can't keep her, I feel like I'm letting her down.

I think she'd like the travelling and such, and honestly I think she'd make a great agility dog. I took her to herding when she was 6 weeks old and she had a ball. My co-worker taught her at puppy preschool and said she learned very very quickly and apparently loved playing the games etc that the got to pay.

With the potential homes, I think we'd be able to work something out. I'm sure there are people on here who could do yard checks etc.

Edited by Chezy & Chopper

be happy to meet and poss take her home, she sounds like she will fit in here with us , we go walkies almost every day , training , they come down the paddock with me when I do chores and do a lot of playing . the trial starts at 4 down the back of the grounds , I plan to be there around 2 to set up and let the dogs have a run , if you ask someone to point you in the direction of Choppers mum , they will know who you are looking for , almost every1 knows Chopper i am just his sidekick :laugh: if you know the agility rings , I will most likely set up on the op side of the rings from the building . I can pm you my mob number, but I rarely have it with me at a trial .

I don't know exactly how housetrained she is - she does pee herself if she's frightened or uncertain (she's a big puppy). I'll probably get there lateish as I have to work until 1ish then I'm meant to be going and checking a horsefloat out (I might try to postpone that until Sunday)

Which grounds at Hillsborough are they? I don't know the area very well lol

ETA - I'm sure your yards would be fine - by the sounds of it you've got dogs similar to Priya, she'd stick with them fairly well I think :)

Edited by Everythings Shiny

ok so she sounds like she will work for me to foster her, we need a rescue org to take me under their wings and help find her a home

why do you have her penned when you are at work ? where are your other dogs? I am just trying to get an idea of what she is like, I dont have high fences , but good fences , but my dogs wont jump a waist high fence , so I was never going to have an issue with the fences here, she wouldn;t be left out unattended here to start with anyway .

it is where the dog shows are , CNCC SHOWGROUND, HILLSBOROUGH RD, HILLSBOROUGH, you will see all the cars and dog trailers from the road , not far from the highway overpass , you go in the gate and veer round to the right , follow the road round and over a lil bridge , keep follow and you will find the agility down the back

I don't know exactly how housetrained she is - she does pee herself if she's frightened or uncertain (she's a big puppy). I'll probably get there lateish as I have to work until 1ish then I'm meant to be going and checking a horsefloat out (I might try to postpone that until Sunday)

Which grounds at Hillsborough are they? I don't know the area very well lol

ETA - I'm sure your yards would be fine - by the sounds of it you've got dogs similar to Priya, she'd stick with them fairly well I think :)

I have her penned because I have one girl who hates Priya. Priya's never done anything to her, but she's taken a distinct disliking to her. I can't pen the older dog as she has incontinence issues and will carry on all day.

Priya's fine with fencing etc, I let her out with my mothers dog when I'm home, but I can't leave her out with him as I don't trust her with my geese or ducks.

I'll talk to a couple of groups, maybe AWDRI would take her in their group with you as the carer... I'll see what we can organise :)