Healthiest Dry Dog Food?

jon_k86

You're probably right TW...

The pound pups turn up, have a feed and crap the biggest, smelliest poo's for a few days, not to mention the passing of wind that could clear a room... I always thought it was due to the sudden change in food.

I like that good food produces small, firm poo that does not really smell

You're probably right TW...

The pound pups turn up, have a feed and crap the biggest, smelliest poo's for a few days, not to mention the passing of wind that could clear a room... I always thought it was due to the sudden change in food.

I like that good food produces small, firm poo that does not really smell

I expect that stress plays havoc with their digestive systems too - it does with mine!!

Personally I dont' think it hurts to change what you're feeding every now and again.

I've never bothered to mix kibble or do gradual changes and its never affected my dogs. These are animals that can eat poo and rotting meat and never miss a beat.

Yep TW I reckon your right. Stella has no trouble finding poo to eat or roll in. Smells it first to help her decide what would be the best plan of attack. :vomit::o

^ Lol...yuck!!

I feed Black Hawk too after reading the great reviews on here. They are lovely to deal with too which is a bonus! Just about to switch from the puppy to adult one on our next order!

As plenty have said, there is no 'best' food. The best food is the one that works best for your dog that you can afford :)

Converted my lot to Black Hawk from Advance when we bought our mastiff puppy recently. So far, very happy with results. Was told by distributor here that it stopped their dog's poo eating because all the goodies are fully digested. My guy's have fresher breath - so maybe it's working. ;) Has reduced the number of pet food bags under kitchen bench too! Was starting to look like pet food section of supermarket.

One of mine is fine to change foods straight away, the other... :vomit: She has a bit of a sensitive tum (pity she's also a garbage guts).

We've tried a few. Royal Canin (both did well on this despite the ingredients not LOOKING as good in writing), Advance (not so good), Coprice (bad bad bad), Black Hawk (did well and good condition except my girl developed a health condition and on vet's advice we changed foods), and now they have Pro Plan Lamb & Rice (which they are doing great on).