Jump to content

Tumut Show


Recommended Posts

Hi just find out boorowa show is cancelled. just wondering if tumut is still on

The river at Tumut is on flood watch and I know they evacuated the van parks but my guess is they'll make their decision tomorrow??

I hope they call it sooner than later :confused:

Link to post
Share on other sites

cross-posted from Facebook

Please be advised that at this stage. The Tumut Show Dog Section will still be going ahead as planned. We are on high ground and currently have not received the scheduled rainfalls expected. Roads into and out of Tumut are open and clear. The river is still currently confined within the banks of the river and has not broken as may have been reported on News segments. The road across the top of the showground to the rings may be slippery though, so caution as entering.

Of course this is only Wednesday and I can not forsee what the weather will do between now and Saturday.

Please do cross post and pass on to potential exhibitors.

Leanne Knox

Show Secretary - Tumut

Link to post
Share on other sites

any news if show will be on

Leanne has said the show is still on, I think if the weather closes in the committee might reassess the situation later tonight.... but three people from Tumut have told me that the reports of evacuations of the caravan parks and the town are over reported... Apparently they moved 3 vans and they maintain they havent had the same rain as us...

Its thier call about thier show and I will decided tonight if I am still going after I have spoken to my son who is there today

Link to post
Share on other sites

The full notice:

Please be advised that as of 4.30pm this afternoon a decision has been made to cancel the Tumut Show Dogs Section along with all other outdoor events on the Showground.

Unfortunately many many roads into Tumut are cut by floodwaters, and the treacherous nature of these roads makes it unsafe to hold the show. The road into the showground is also unsafe and for the safety of competitors, dogs, judges and steward the decision has been made to cancel.

The BOM is forecasting more severe weather for the region anything up to 200mm in the next few days.

We do apologise to competitors. Please cross post and pass on to as many people as possible.

Leanne Knox

Tumut Show Society

Secretary Dogs

Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks everyone for crossposting....

Please keep the message going.. I am trying to think of as many places as possible to let everyone know of the cancellation.

Leanne Knox

Show Secretary.

Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks everyone for crossposting....

Please keep the message going.. I am trying to think of as many places as possible to let everyone know of the cancellation.

Leanne Knox

Show Secretary.

thanks for letting us know. hope next year is bigger and better

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...