Wollongong Show This Weekend

clairnaye

Just wondering if anyone knows if this weekends show at ocean park woonona will be still on, the weather forcast for the next 4 days doesnt look good.

First show with new baby puppy and without my mentors...just a little nervous :)

Manda

Edited by Mandapanda

As far as I know it's still on - we only started showing 7 months ago and I've discovered it goes on rain, hail, ankle deep water or shine! Bring a good waterproof jacket with a hood, pants and sturdy shoes or gumboots (non-slip hopefully)

We're entered - but I think we'll stay home with the amount of water predicted to fall :laugh:

The judges we've shown under in torrential weather have always been very understanding with us - Ziva has looked a little like a drowned rat, in one show we were all carrying out dogs while waiting rather than standing as the water was shin-deep (her movement wasn't that great in water that came up to her belly :laugh: )

Have lots of fun! Do you have walls for your gazebo?

Haha sounds like a good day out bet she had a ball lol, ellie walks better in the rain and holds her head up cause she hates water on her nose :D.

I think i have walls but a tarp would work, may not look as good but will do the trick.

FYI - Tom Couchman just posted this on FB re Wollongong shows

We are on. Ground will be a little wet but we are having the shows, unless we get flooding tomorrow. No rain in Wollongong today and the ground has a coal base so drains okay.

DEBORAH HARBIN

Woohoo! This is mine and my baby girls first show so was hoping it wouldn't be cancelled. Although as a cream she's not gonna look to pretty in the mud. Have to buy rain coat and gumboots for her tomorrow! Lol!

YAY thank you :D

i agree KT ellie is blue roan so she wont look too bad, ill see you in sweepies ill have the blue drowned rat

Goldwei: One of my nurses were stranded in nth richmond today she couldnt get to the clinic this morning. They are looking to re open it on saturday i think.

Im just off castlreagh road and the causeway behind us is starting to flood :(

Stay safe and hopefully we will see u on sunday :)

Yeah mandapanda I'll see u in sweepies! I'll be the one there looking all nervous with a very excitable chow chow who just wants to play and will sit down the moment she sees a treat. Defo not gonna be a pretty site. And now my mentor might not be able to make it cos of the rain so I'll be even more nervous and prob go around the ring the wrong way. Hahaha!

Really hope I can make it with all these gorgeous little babies around... add to that 8 longhair weis entered, including a friends new baby and her first shows. Don't think it will be likely I will make it though :(

Just wanna say thanks to everyone at the show who helped me out and showed me the way! Both my dog and I started out very confused but by the end of today we think we got the hang of it! :-) can't wait for our next show!

Just wanna say thanks to everyone at the show who helped me out and showed me the way! Both my dog and I started out very confused but by the end of today we think we got the hang of it! :-) can't wait for our next show!

Glad you had a great time... your girl is a cutie :D Sounds like the show "bug" has bit :laugh: