2 - 3 Year Old Lab Wanted

Hi all,

I have a neighbour who is looking for a 2 or 3 year old Lab after having his 13 year mate put to sleep a month or so ago.

My neighbour IMO would make the perfect owner for a Lab as he has just retired, (fit & healthy) & has no other pets. He lives by himself in a low set home which he had a ramp installed for his old dog so as to avoid the 3 steps he had. He lives two houses from a lovely walking track where i saw him frequently whilst walking my 2 Labs.

He is a keen gardener so doesn't want to go through the puppy stage.

His new dog will be an inside dog that he will take with him when he does his odd handyman jobs in the neighbourhood & visits his kids.

He would prefer a black or chocolate female Brisbane or surrounding area so as he can view before purchasing.

He doesn't have internet so I will keep checking pounds for him as I can't seem to find a Brisbane based Lab rescue group.

If anyone knows of a Lab that needs a perfect home please contact me here or PM is fine & I can put you in direct contact with him.

Thank you from Jill.

edited for spelling!

Edited by jakeyjangels

The Labrador Club of Qld has a rescue/rehoming officer. Name & contact details on their site:

http://www.labradorclubqld.com/breed-rescue.asp

There was a female Labrador (Brisbane) on Pet Rescue. She was featured in the Courier-Mail last Sunday. But she was cream & I bet she's rehomed by now. Her name was Rita & she was gorgeous.

Still may be worth searching the Large Dogs, Qld, in PetRescue's search. I only looked at the 1st couple of pages....& there was a Lab there. So could be more.

http://www.petrescue.com.au/search/?a=d&g=a&s=l&l=qld&a_id=

Another possibility is an adult lab from a registered breeder, who is retiring it to a good pet home. (Our Tibbies have come that way).

Mature dogs presently for adoption from breeders are on the Dogzonline Community pages.

Edited by mita

There is a yellow (they call her golden) female FTGH in the Redland Times/Bayside Bulletin...6y/o. spayed with papers. ph 0448882281

edited to add that she is probably living in the Redlands/Cleveland/Capalaba/Bayside areas

Edited by Boronia

Someone locally has advertised a 4 yr old Golden male, poor chap has not been allowed inside the house but he has been desexed, vaccinated, chipped etc.

He's FTGH. I've left a message for Lab Rescue but like most rescues they are probably overdone. It's simple to organise road transport to QLD with Dog Movers, it's door to door and not too expensive.

Someone locally has advertised a 4 yr old Golden male, poor chap has not been allowed inside the house but he has been desexed, vaccinated, chipped etc.

He's FTGH. I've left a message for Lab Rescue but like most rescues they are probably overdone. It's simple to organise road transport to QLD with Dog Movers, it's door to door and not too expensive.

Hi dogmad, do you know if this dog still needs help?

Hi dogmad, do you know if this dog still needs help?

At the weekend he was still available - do you want the details?

There is a choc lab at Noosa RSPCA.

O/T, but over the years I've seen some lovely dogs & cats turn up with RSPCA Noosa.

If you friend is till looking some one at work is giving free to good home a 15month chocolate lab, they have children hoever her father has become very ill and needs to be a carer for him and it is being unfair on the dog.