Animal Lovers That Dislike Children

LizT

:laugh:

Look what my kids just stuck on the back of my office chair!

Gotta love' em. ;)

Well, the pic vanished, but I'm just letting you know that I'm stealing it!

I don't understand the big deal about shopping centres and children. I just pop in my ipod and listen to music while I shop so I don't have to hear squeals as I don't like the noise either, but if you go to a shopping centre you expect some noise.

I totally agree with this - iPods were made for those of us that don't want to listen to others kids carrying on in public.

However, it is still the responsibility of those that choose to have children to make sure they don't bother those of us that don't want to be bothered in public places :)

I'm glad you think this, because some of us, for various reasons, have no intention of ever getting an ipod. I personally prefer to be aware of my surroundings at all times. Also, if it's loud enough to disguise a wailing child, it's too loud for my ears.

I'm better with older kids, they tend to like me. Babies make me nervous and I'm sure they can sense this in my body language and no I do not want to hold them. At a work lunch one of the women asked if I'd hold her baby while she went to the loo. I knew the baby would cry and I didn't want to hold her but she handed her over quickly. Sure enough, she let out a wail.

A friend once thrust her baby into my arms and ran back out of the door to get her stuff. I held the baby exactly the way she plonked it in my arms, and the baby and I just stared at each other in shock for a minute. When the friend came back inside, she said "Oh, you could have put her down, you know. You didn't have to keep holding her." Could have told me that before! If it's the first time baby and I have clapped eyes on each other, and you say "Here, look after her for a minute for me" and run away, how am I to know at what age her neck can support her head? How am I to know that you were ok with me putting your baby on the floor with the dogs and cats?

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images