How To Get This Crispness And Colour In A Photo?

pesh

Photoshop needs to be bought ...but I think you can download it for a 30 day trial :) I have it and very rarely use it as I find it too confusing :o have a look here :

There are free image editing programs which are good to start with though :)

IMO Good crisp and detailed photos can not be made from photos which are of poor quality ..no matter what you use. The lens/exposure needs to capture the detail you need , first :)

I use THIS a lot nowdays ..to crop/adjust brightness, etc. Hidden inside it are tools which can actually do some pretty useful stuff :)

Edited by persephone

Unless you are serious about photography don't worry about photoshop, use one of the free or cheap editing software. Photoshop takes quite a bit to learn, it isn't intuitive and not worth it for people who just want to dabble. Pers is right though, nothing can save soft or poorly composed photos, you need to get it mostly right in the camera.

My photo's are generally good. The last I took do look better or as good as the professionals at the wedding I just attended.

Just want to take the next step to enhance shots.

:D

getting exposure right in camera, combined with desired shutter speed and aperture to get the look you want, using a good lens to have maximum sharpness, editing using a program such as Photoshop to ensure white balance is correct (if you have not set up the white balance initially using custom white balance setting in the camera) using layers in photoshop to highlight colour in certain areas, and mask in others, and in some ases, just the simple skill of being able to read the light, anticipate when it will give the look you want, and be in the right place at the right time. potentially also, use of an off camera flash or reflector to achieve the look as a camera can only record 5 stops of difference between dark and light, whereas our eyes can see 11 - in some cases this could mean multiple exposures at the same time and merging later.